Fergus Finlay, Morning Ireland, Combines4Charity

fizzelina

On Morning Ireland Fergus Finlay was saying how fantastic the new Combines 4 Charity farm at Rathfeigh is, it will farm the large number of acres with farmers giving materials and time for free etc etc. Anyway he said it will give children a chance to visit a working farm which for some city children is the only chance they would have.
Then he told an anecdote about a young boy who had a great time at the farm and picked potatoes and he had not even known where potatoes come from and he went off home with his bag of picked potatoes and - EXCHANGED THEM IN A CHIPPER FOR A BAG OF CHIPS.
And he was saying this really proud like that was a great thing. Does noone else think it's sad he couldn't bring them home and get them cooked. Exchanging them for a free bag of chips.......sad.

I presume the charity is for deprived children and so they would have no-one to cook the chips for them or care enough to cook. Near where I live the local school actually provides breakfast for children whose parents are too lazy to get up in the mornings! Its called The Breakfast Club and is city wide.
Some parents are not worthy of the name.

I saw a piece about it on TV last night. I must say I was impressed with the farmers efforts and commitment. All the tractors ploughing the field at the same time. Looked good.

I wonder if Fergus has plans to take the children to a fish farm?

[broken link removed]

Above are what Barnardos have listed as their central services. Personally for some reason I thought they offered more practical facilities such as day care, parenting courses etc. They certainly have enough shops and do enough fund raising to expand on the above. Also have a high profile so would be one of the better funded charities in Ireland. Fergus is also running for president you know, and seems to have changed quite a bit on his media appearances over the past year or so.

Above are what Barnardos have listed as their central services. Personally for some reason I thought they offered more practical facilities such as day care, parenting courses etc.

Perhaps you missed the 'local services' page [broken link removed] detailing the more practical services?

Back