Felling trees - recommendation

olddoll

We need to have some Cypress trees cut down. They are very tall and I am very concerned about them.

Can anybody recommend tree fellers who could do this job. We live North Dublin/South Meath area.

Many thanks

Olddoll

Can't help you with the tree fellers in that area but just be careful when you do it as there's only certain times of the year you can cut down trees because of bird breeding, nests, etc.

I have used this guy a few times to cut leylandii back. A friend of mine used him for tree removal, and recommended him to me.

No connection other than as a happy customer.

[broken link removed]

Can't help you with the tree fellers in that area but just be careful when you do it as there's only certain times of the year you can cut down trees because of bird breeding, nests, etc.

That law only applies to hedge rows and not to trees.

That law only applies to hedge rows and not to trees.

The only reason I mentioned it was because I wanted to cut down about 16 very large Leylandi? trees some months back and was told by a contractor that he couldn't do it until sept or october because of birds nesting, etc.

If the trees are more than ten years old and more than 100 feet from your house you'll need to get a felling license first.

Anyone know how much it roughly costs to fell a tree?
I have 2 in the back garden of my new gaff that will keep me awake when the Winter storms eventually hit

shawtreeservices.com was the guys I used this year to remove a tree and its roots. Came at time promised and did a neat job.
Did not price elsewhere so do not know how competitive they are.

The only reason I mentioned it was because I wanted to cut down about 16 very large Leylandi? trees some months back and was told by a contractor that he couldn't do it until sept or october because of birds nesting, etc.

Very surprised at that as tree surgeons would be very restricted as to when they could fell trees and I dont think too many people would regard a row of leylandii as a hedge row. I trim several different species of hedges during the summer months and none of them constitute hedge rows.

Back