Feel like going to the cinema

I am looking forward to seeing DUNE. I loved the book as a teenager. I understand the film is visually stunning so even if there is a different take on the story that will be something.

I am looking forward to seeing DUNE. I loved the book as a teenager. I understand the film is visually stunning so even if there is a different take on the story that will be something.
The action scenes and visuals are stunning, and the cast do a fine job ... but a bit confusing for those unfamiliar with the source material seems to be the general consensus. You will be able to fill in the gaps. Also, this is only part one of the the story.

I've read the book a couple of times and seen all different edits of the David Lynch version.
I thought the Lynch version did a much better job with the characters and laying out the stakes, but the effects & action scenes were poor.

The action scenes and visuals are stunning, and the cast do a fine job ... but a bit confusing for those unfamiliar with the source material seems to be the general consensus. You will be able to fill in the gaps. Also, this is only part one of the the story.

I've read the book a couple of times and seen all different edits of the David Lynch version.
I thought the Lynch version did a much better job with the characters and laying out the stakes, but the effects & action scenes were poor.
I though the new version does a better job of Lynch in terms of narrative coherence, but lacks some of the mystical majesty of the Lynch version. Very good and definitely worth watching.

Back