Feasiblity study for a coffeeshop

Bob the slob

A friend of mine has recently came to me about an idea for a coffeeshop/eatery in the dun laoghaire/rathdown area. I told her she should try and see if it is feasible so I said I would help her.

Has anyone done this before?

Any ideas on how to find out if there is a market for this in the location as there was never a coffeeshop there before.

quite easy - do on the street market reseach. Whos passing by, what is their need, could she do a sandwich/lunch run to local businesses. What is her backround, expertise.... is she equiped with the know how of running an eatery.

Is there a market for upselling - like organic, local produce etc. Is there a need for a wine licence.

Market Research, Market Research, Market Research ............

enterprise centre i think it is have a fantastic book/workbook called starting your own business will tell you how to do market research and put your plans in order. don't have isbn or that but its a black cover a4 size book.

Your local [broken link removed] might be able to guide you. They do provide feasability grants though I don't know if they do so for coffee shops - no harm in asking.

Back