Faro/albufiera hotels

villa 1

Hi Folks. I may be in a position to get cheapy fights to Faro near the end of March. Could anyone recommend a base for a 4 day break, eg Albufiera? I don't want to be too isolated with marathon walks to see anything:)
Any ideas on hotels/accomodation and transfers to and from the airport etc?
Thanks in advance.

Natura Algarve Club - about 10 mins walk from beach, 5/7 from bars etc. Apts are very clean and have air con. Studios are on ground floor, one bedroom ones are on 1st floor. Its worth getting a room with pool view. Pool area is really nice however if you have kids or don't swim the pool is deep.

We used Resorthoppa to get from Airport and back - they have both buses and private transfers. We used the buses - it was 12e each.

Last edited:
Have a look at the Albufeira forum on Tripadvisor. A lot of places won't be open until Easter so try and get a place nearer the Old Town. Also remember that Albufeira is very hilly so try and get somewhere on the flat. There are great deals in hotels at the moment for March/April but you might also consider renting an apartment.

If you can get Oura View Beach Club it is fab, it is right on the beach and if you take a lift to the 6th floor it brings you right out through the carpark to the roundabout at the top of the strip with Oldtown up to your left. Otherwise you have to go up "cardiac hill" which really lives up to its name.

Last year we stayed in Oura Praia and it was lovely but Oura View Beach Club would be my favourite - They are all owned by the same group, they also own Club Praia da Oura - ok if you can't get the others but does'nt have air conditioning. You have use of facilities at all 3 complexes.

It need to be at least end of May to have decent heat.

Enjoy

We used Resorthoppa to get from Airport and back - they have both buses and private transfers. We used the buses - it was 12e each.

iscritto. Was this a shared shuttle that you got? Not too keen on being crushed, sardine like, in to a stuffy van?

Natura Algarve Club - about 10 mins walk from beach, 5/7 from bars etc. Apts are very clean and have air con. Studios are on ground floor, one bedroom ones are on 1st floor. Its worth getting a room with pool view. Pool area is really nice however if you have kids or don't swim the pool is deep.

+ 1 on Natura Algarve Club
We used Yellowfish for tansfers from the Airport.It cost us €30 each way for 4 adults,and they give you a bottle of wine on arrival.:D

[broken link removed]

+ 1 on Natura Algarve Club
We used Yellowfish for tansfers from the Airport.It cost us €30 each way for 4 adults,and they give you a bottle of wine on arrival.:D

[broken link removed]

Resorthoppa has given me a quote of €11.33 per person on a one way shared transfer from Faro Airport to Albufeira.

Incidentally looking through the Yellowfishtransfers website they state that you drive on the left in Portugal. Good to know you are in safe hands then.:eek:

I would rec. the Cerro Mar, here is there website:

http://www.cerromar.pt/

I am getting married over there in June and all my guests will be staying here. I just returned from a 4 day trip myself and stayed there to try out the place, it was excellent, one of the best places we stayed in. If you ask to stay in the block across the road from the Hotel reception, think they are called the Atlantic View block, these are the newest block. The 1 bedroom apts are the biggest I have ever stayed in, with Full kitchen also, better equiped than my own house:)

Back