Fantastic deal from Lidl

Its like a scene from Reginald Perrin !!!:D

"Ah yes Vanilla, just picked this up in Lidl.......fantastic this.....think of all the things I could label...."

Ahh, the label machine. It’s everything I aspire to in life. A little bit retro. A little bit nerdy, in a hipster kind of way. But a cool hipster, not one of these nouveau ‘jumping too late on the blogging band wagon’ kind of hipster.

Think what could be done with such a magic gadget. Instead of having plastic packets and cardboard tubes of pasta and lentils and nuts, and biscuits obviously, cluttering up my presses, suddenly I imagine a scandi cool kitchen, made from re-used materials, with shelves full of labelled kilner jars on shining solid beeswaxed wood.

In my office space I’m conjuring up a picture of an original apothecary sideboard or a vintage industrial metal cabinet, labelled of course. And my garage will become the nirvana of workshops with multi drawered wall hung shelving full of every conceivable nail, screw, rawl plug and stud that ever existed.

And that’s only the beginning. This is not just a tool, this is a lifestyle choice.

Ahh, the label machine. It’s everything I aspire to in life. A little bit retro. A little bit nerdy, in a hipster kind of way. But a cool hipster, not one of these nouveau ‘jumping too late on the blogging band wagon’ kind of hipster.

Think what could be done with such a magic gadget. Instead of having plastic packets and cardboard tubes of pasta and lentils and nuts, and biscuits obviously, cluttering up my presses, suddenly I imagine a scandi cool kitchen, made from re-used materials, with shelves full of labelled kilner jars on shining solid beeswaxed wood.

In my office space I’m conjuring up a picture of an original apothecary sideboard or a vintage industrial metal cabinet, labelled of course. And my garage will become the nirvana of workshops with multi drawered wall hung shelving full of every conceivable nail, screw, rawl plug and stud that ever existed.

And that’s only the beginning. This is not just a tool, this is a lifestyle choice.

Now I have to have one, too.

Ah the label machine craze, as captured by the Simpsons in 1992!

Will one of the boxes in the garage carry a label with 'gadgets I probably shouldn't have...'? :D

But now I think I want one too...

Giving a label machine to an anal retentive is like giving whisky to an alcoholic. It could be your undoing!

[broken link removed]

:eek:

So I think what you're saying is that they should have labelled it, right?:confused:

Will one of the boxes in the garage carry a label with 'gadgets I probably shouldn't have...'? :D

Ahem, or possibly a label on the front door of the shed, saying ' full of ***** I shouldn't have...';)

Giving a label machine to an anal retentive is like giving whisky to an alcoholic. It could be your undoing!

That would be applicable only if I were, in fact, anal-retentive. Like for example, googling whether 'anal retentive' carries a hyphen...

I have had one for about a year, try getting replacement cartridges for it, next to impossible.

[broken link removed]

WANT!

So many uses, so little time.

I do all the cooking in our house and tend to make batches and freeze them. I've often opened up the freezer and nearly died of frostbite trying to read the smudgy scrawl of what's in a freezer bag. This will do the job nicely, so thanks!

I have had one for about a year, try getting replacement cartridges for it, next to impossible.

Most office supplies places will stock them. Loads of options online, (some of these have stores also) like here, [broken link removed], here, here, here, [broken link removed]... Well, you get the point.

Very handy if you have kids in a creche.....stops their clothes getting mixed up, other kids using their bottles,cups etc.

Also, babies are very hard to tell apart I find- they all look the same to me at 5.30pm after a long day at work

Also, babies are very hard to tell apart I find- they all look the same to me at 5.30pm after a long day at work
You can use a good indelible marker for that. When they are very small you can write on the top of their head which means you can always see who owns them.

You can use a good indelible marker for that. When they are very small you can write on the top of their head which means you can always see who owns them.

Yeah, although once when I went to collect the children, all the children in the creche had 'mine' written on their foreheads. Took ages to sort out whose were whose, but pretty sure we got it right in the end. That was a bit embarrassing!

Yeah, although once when I went to collect the children, all the children in the creche had 'mine' written on their foreheads. Took ages to sort out whose were whose, but pretty sure we got it right in the end. That was a bit embarrassing!

If unsure just pick the best looking child, or take two in case you need a spare.

Back