VHI Family Options - Mixed Plans

TurningGreen

Hi All,

So I currently have PMI 41 15 for myself (50's) , PMI 12 11 for my oldest daughter (20's) and Start Plan 250 for my younger two sons (teens) and daughter (10). This cost me €2191 after the €150 cashback this year. Got a letter to say Start Plan 250 not available next year and my quote for next year (cover starts 1st Jan 2019) is for staying with the two PMI and 3 x Smart Plan 250 and the quote is €2841, a massive €650 increase!!

Are there better value plans available and what is the chance of plan price drops between now and Dec 31st?

Thanks in advance

TurningGreen,

It would be worth holding on until after 1st Dec 2018, when the list of changes for Jan 1 should be known by then on the HIA website.

There is an alternative option for yourself at a cheaper price, without compromising on cover;
1. VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 1128pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech hospital excess 150 per
admission, day case excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover included, 50% refund for gp visits, consultants, dental etc upto a max
refund of 1000 per year.

[broken link removed]

For your eldest daughter(age 22?) the Smart Plan 250 is priced at 466.
So there are a few alternatives to reduce costs.

For the younger teens and 10 year old, it remains to be seen if any special offers apply for Jan 1st 2019.

Regards, Snowyb

Back