Failte Towers - Charities turn down money offer

Failte Towers is manure.
The format is no better or no worse than any other reality TV show doing the rounds. However, where RTE (or the production company) fall down is in the editing and the presenting. The editing is poor and the presenting is the worse I have ever seen.

That said, somebody likes the actual concept because TV companies in other countries appear to want to buy the programme. No doubt they will make a better fist of it than the amateurs running it here.

The format is no better or no worse than any other reality TV show doing the rounds. However, where RTE (or the production company) fall down is in the editing and the presenting. The editing is poor and the presenting is the worse I have ever seen.

Havent been watching it except while flicking through the channels one night during the week, as far as the presenting went i only saw 2 minutes of 2 guys standing in front of a crowd of people while shouting into mikes - is that not similar to a lot of reality type shows (thinking davina shouting into mike at big brother eviction type scenarios). Other than that just caught the odd minute here and there of people rushing about in kitchens looking confused, seemed to me to again be similar to reality type shows.

Is it worse than some of the other tripe out there? (like celebrity love island or im a celebrity get me out of here)?

Its light hearted and funny and gives us a laugh. It comes on after the nine o'clock news and the way things are in the world right now we need a laugh to lift our spirits from the doom and gloom of the reports of George Lee and his fellow reporters. So the timing is just right for it to cheer us up at the end of the day.

What a surprise :rolleyes:

A cheap programme - most of the filming shown tonight had already been shown repeatedly. When some candidates have an unfair voting advantage due to being well known (e.g. Creedon and the GAA chap) that removes any possibility of a fair voting system for the public. In a horse race, the favourites are handicapped to even the odds. The best known personality won - that's all.

The result was so predictible I couldn't be bothered wasting any more votes.

Back