extra mortgage payments (UB)

D

daijenks

Hi,
I'm not having much joy via Ulster Bank's phoneline so thought I'd try here.

If I want to make extra payments against the capital of my mortgage, what options are there..

- do I have to go into my branch
- can I go into any branch to do it
- can it be done by internet or phone or by sending a cheque in the post to someone

is there lots of paperwork?

I believe the lenders aren't too keen on you doing this but that doesn't bother me..all advice appreciated!!

cheers
dj

I too would like to know the nuts and bolts of extra payments (one offs) to UB.

extra mortgage payments

You can either send a chq/draft directly to house mortgages yourself to their head office in Belfast or your best bet is probably to go into the branch and get one of the mortgage advisors to send it up for you so they can put it in the internal mail for next day delivery. The funds will then be lodged directly to the account.

Make sure you enclose your mortgage account number - R0000?????? and specify if you would like your term or monthly repayment reduced. They will then confirm this to you in writing.

If you want to call house mortgages to ensure they receive it the general phone number for UB head office in Belfast is 04890 276000 and they can put you through. If you want a direct number for house mortgages ask somebody in your local branch who can give you the number for the specific team who would deal with your area of the country.

Hope this helps

Re: extra mortgage payments

From personal experience, getting through to UB House Mortgages in Belfast is not easy as the line is often engaged, or the person who answers cannot find your file.

UB

They have improved ever so slightly....they now have a queueing system in for calls so at least you don't have a constant engaged tone everytime you call...

Re: UB

Thanks Mollie, much appreciated.

Just an aside,
Which is better, reducing the term or monthly payments? Or is it a purely subjective thing?

Which is better, reducing the term or monthly payments? Or is it a purely subjective thing?
From the point of view of saving money, then reducing the term is best.

Cheers sunnyday. I love it when it's a straight one or the other answer!

Back