External Insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

larbar

Can anyone offer any opinions as to whether there is one external wall product better than others.It will be going on a dash wall.Thank you

Please edit your thread title to make it a little more meaningful. There are also a number of existing threads discussing the merits of a number of the available options.

Thank you for your comment Leo.To be honest I cannot see how more meaningful I can get.Simple question is does anyone have an opinion on which is the better of the external wall products under the heading of "external insulation" ?? I have also searched through the other threads and whilst there are discussions of which one to use, there seems to be no comment as which of them is better.But thanks anyway

Thank you for your comment Leo.To be honest I cannot see how more meaningful I can get.Simple question is does anyone have an opinion on which is the better of the external wall products under the heading of "external insulation" ?? I have also searched through the other threads and whilst there are discussions of which one to use, there seems to be no comment as which of them is better.But thanks anyway
http://www.sto.co.uk/
ask who the Irish rep is for your area and then ask who s/he would recommend.

to be honest the biggest factors here are the details & spec provided to the contractor, the formal contract, who is supervising and what guarantee is offered by system manufacturer /and what insurance is offered by the installer.

are you doing windows at the same time? have you considered theses junctions in detail?
are you going to dig up the paths and insulated to top of foundation to avoid heat loss at the floor level?
are you removing the eaves and firing our the lower roof rafters to get good overlap with attic/roof insulation?

Thank you lowCO2design.Will do as you suggested.Re windows,I have double glaze and understood that when the job was being done that the sills were cut back and sealed as part of the process.I presumed that the insulation went down to top of waterproof membrane and below that was another system of covering.I don't understand the removing the eaves and bringing out the roof rafters? Have never seen or heard of it being done which of course doesn't mean it hasn't happened or should have not have been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back