Experience with CGT clearance cert?

grotty

Hi All,

Trying to push for a closing date for a house purchase and looks like there is a new spanner in the works; I wanted to pick your brains to see if anyone knows how to get around it or sped it up. The purchase price of the house is over 500K our solicitor is saying the deal cant complete without the vendor getting a CGT clearance cert from Revenue which apparently takes 2 weeks(post contracts being signed). With most things in life if you know how, there is a way to speed things up at the least. So that's my ask - how could I get this process sped up? Is there a fast track system? p.s. this just came to light yesterday, two weeks after I signed contracts. If I knew about it earlier it wouldn't have been a big issue ....

Thanks in advance

I would say a week is more likely.

It is for the vendor to organise - you can't really do much about it. You could telephone and pester the Revenue office on a daily basis - but that is more likely to pip them off!

And fast track systems are for self important narcissists! ( or is that an oxymoron?)

Or you could withhold the CGT and remit same to Revenue but the vendor won't want that either.

I suggest just be patient.

mf

Back