Experience of Honda dealers

foggym

I'm looking to buy a new honda civic and was just wodering if anyone has any experience with the various dealers? I live in Kildare and have spoken with several in dublin as well as kildare, offaly and tipp. Will travel for a bargain! :) If anyone has any experience or local knowledge to share of either the good or the bad for customer service I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Maybe it's a bit far for you, but I've heard that Tom Fox Honda in Drogheda are good to deal with.

I will second both as I have dealt with them, canavans recently for a purchase of a new civic also, p.s. go for the 1.8 too

I've bought two new Civics from Clonskeagh Motors, the most recent being just a couple of months ago.

I find them great to deal with, especially Dermot Murphy (MD) and his daughter Fiona.

Thanks for the feedback. BTW, how have you found the cars themselves? This will be my first honda if I buy (am looking at 1.8 exec)

Used Clonskeagh Motors a few years back, were good. Didn't have a good experience with Rathdown.

I've also bought from Clonskeagh Motors. Bought three Hondas from them. Found them to be excellent to deal with. On each occasion I also found them to be much cheaper than other Honda dealers.

The Civic is a lovely car to drive. Never had any problems with any of them.

Used Clonskeagh Motors a few years back, were good. Didn't have a good experience with Rathdown.

They aren't Honda dealers anymore, they still have the servicing franchise though. Funnily enough, I found them to be quite good to deal with and very professional. I bought 2 cars off them.

I'm looking to buy a new honda civic and was just wodering if anyone has any experience with the various dealers? I live in Kildare and have spoken with several in dublin as well as kildare, offaly and tipp. Will travel for a bargain! :) If anyone has any experience or local knowledge to share of either the good or the bad for customer service I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

If you're willing to travel I can thorougly recommend AutoBoland in Waterford. I bought my old Volvo off them and found them to be quite frankly excellent. They are realistic about pricing too, and they came down quite heavily on price for me. I don't know about their Honda sales though, but I'd definitely give them a try.

1.8 is a winner 1.4 engine slow in comparison to the last generation civic, just traded my 06 1.4 in for the 1.8 07 one and there is a big difference, many hondas in the extended family and never so much as a problem with any of them, happy shopping

They aren't Honda dealers anymore, they still have the servicing franchise though. Funnily enough, I found them to be quite good to deal with and very professional. I bought 2 cars off them.

What are they now?
[broken link removed]

Owned 3 Honda's (5 in total in the family) and never a problem with any of them. I deal with John Adams in Portlaoise and find the aftersales top class. I live in Carlow and they have even dropped me home when one of the cars required an overnight stay (left the car to them late and they completed the service Fri evening/Sat morning). From all dealers I have dealt with they are the best and are a reason I am loyal to the brand almost as much as the cars!

Regarding the new Civic, at first I thought the front end was terrible but it does grow on you and now I actually think it looks good. They drive well, very comfy but not as sporting (suspension wise) as the old shape but the 3 door is supposed to address that. I have (well the other half has) the old shape sport and the new 5 door didnt feel as urgent/sharp on a twisty road, I havent driven the new 3 door sport but its supposed to be great if a little high on price and it only comes in a 1.8L (old one was a 1.6L).

What are they now?
[broken link removed]

I believe the poster meant Rathdown Motors are no longer Honda dealers.

Clonskeagh Motors certainly still are Honda dealers.

If you don't need five doors the Type S has a lovely interior and looks lovely outside too.

Well, mine does...

:D

The current Civic is one of the cars on my hate list along with the CR-V, everything Toyota, the Nissan Almera, Primera and the lacklustre Tiida.

The current Civic

I think it looks fantastic and will probably be reliable as anything - but too many practical disappointments:

Poor ride quality /rear visibility (according to many reviewers), no rear wiper, no spare wheel...

and as usual: expensive.

Pretty much with you on all the rest you mention - except for reliability brownie points for the Almera and Yaris ;)

I bought my accord in Tom Fox Drogheda recently, found them excellent to deal with, and good value. Brother-in-law is on his second accord, both bought from Des Darcy Swords, he found them excellent to deal with as well.

If anyone else is currently shopping this may be of interest: can't answer my own question about dealer service - the proof of that pudding will be in the eating - but does it pay to shop around! Haggling is not my forte but this is going to cost me a chunk of change so I got stuck in for once. Started at East Wall and have worked my way through all the Dublin and most (if not all) of the Midlands dealers and in the process have knocked 1500€ off the asking price, with the best offer so far by a comfortable margin coming from Denis Kinane Honda in Thurles. Worth a bit of stress and a few km's on the clock!

Back