Expanded metal mesh for Kitchen presses

I haven't done it with metal but have used that wooden lattice panels that you see in radiator cabinets with a diamond pattern. Some of the doors I made and other I just cut a panel out of the existing door and fitted the panel with some beading to neaten it up.

Don't see why it wouldn't work as well with metal, B&Q have a good selection of metal patterned sheets, I have used them for a different project to cover up flowery multicolour tile inserts in a fireplace.

Hi, there is a company in Louth. www.brassinteriors.com . They make up the mesh to order. Great service with a quick turnaround.
No connection-happy customer

This is for a rented accommodation, therefore I need a cheap type solution. I was thinking about using laths alright and it may be the way to go. I will check B&Q too. Ideally I am looking for a large mesh sheet to cut myself.

B&Q do the sheets in various sizes, the one I used you could cut with a scissors it was quite light but they do a lot heavier types in mesh that would suit what you have in mind.

Not sure about it in a kitchen though from a cleaning point of view, presses up high might be okay unless there is a lot of greasy frying going on with no fan, lot easier to give a solid door a wipe if your tenants are the neat type!

The dust really accumulates in the mesh I find, I use the brush attachment of my hoover to clean them, I don't have them in the kitchen though.

Back