Evicted due to non payment of rent

Girl1

Backround:

Lost job over two years ago, had to get benefits, rent allowance so on. Went through a bad phase built up debt etc. when they changed the rent allowance limits the landlord could not reduce rent and I could not find anywhere to rent within the new limits. so I did not qualify for rent allowance then
I tried everything except moving away from home town,I just couldnt move away from everyone I suffer from anxciety and depression and was basically heading for a nervous breakdown.
The advice I was giving was to get a landlord to sign forms to say the rent was within the limits and I couldnt even get one to do that. So I missed rent payments. and then I actually managed to get a job its not much of a job and pays min wage but I thought it would be ok. I have tried to pay back the rent owed sold everthing i have but now its too late and the landlord is evicting me.
Even with getting part one parent family payment the job is costing me travel and childcare it just isnt enough. the landlord has been good enough to right off some of the rent and take last months rent and deposit towards the rent but now it means I have no money for deposit and first months rent for new place.
Is there anywhere that can even give me some advise on what to do? Im afraid I will have to go to the homeless places and my daughter will be taken by social services and I will have to leave my not exactly great but all I have job. Oh lord what a sob story I know

Please make contact with the community welfare officer in your area and do also make contact with the local St Vincent de Paul conference, they may be able to help you and probably will if you explain your circumstances to them.

Also try Simon. In some parts of the country they iterate a tenancu support service to help people avoid homelessness/ eviction

Thank you for your replies. I have assumed I could not go to the community welfare officer as I have a full time job?
I will look into st vincent de paul and simon. I dont even know how to contact them. It really is a mess but I know I can sort it out if I just get into a new place and start again

I believe the community welfare officer can in certain circumstances supply you with a deposit. Are you much in arrears, if the CWO were to instead pay your arrears would your current landlord allow you to stay?

Your child is not going to be taken from you because you lose your home. I presume you are being the best mother you can be and then you'll be fine. But you do need to seek help. Is there no family that you could stay with while you build up a deposit, it's a very difficult time of year to move home.

You will find phone numbers for the various charities in the most recent Yellow Pages (2013/2014) under the heading Charities and Caring Groups pages 38 and 39 so do make contact with some of them as soon as you can.

Back