Estate Agents and viewing

kopkidda

We are mortgage approved and going to see this house that we like tomorrow,should we be as cute as possible and tell the EA nothing about our financial position in the hope that we can get the house for a fair price?Or are you better to be as honest as possible and tell the EA for how much you are approved for.I think this is unwise but we are first time buyers etc..There are a few house in this town that we like and the EA deals with them all.

I would not tell the EA how much you are approved for - why would s/he need to know this? I would not discuss any figures/prices with the agent at the time of viewing - after seeing the house have a long think about what you would be happy to offer for the house. Don't rush into any decisions - take your time; you'll be paying the mortgage for long enough.

I would not tell the EA how much you are approved for - why would s/he need to know this? I would not discuss any figures/prices with the agent at the time of viewing - after seeing the house have a long think about what you would be happy to offer for the house. Don't rush into any decisions - take your time; you'll be paying the mortgage for long enough.

Ye nice one,was thinking that myself,its a buyers market so let them worry about that,are there any specific questions we should ask about house etc...?

How old, is there management fees, what comes with it, don't reveal your mortgage approval only tell them you are approved if you put a bid on it but they won't ask whats your mortgage limit.

Rember the estate agent is working for the seller, not for you. Their job is to sell the house at the best possible price.

EA is just likely to ask you if you are a FTB, if you are mortgage approved and how long you are looking. That's about it in my experience.

its a buyers market so let them worry about that

Regardless of the state of the market, you shouldn't ever tell them how much you are approved for, particularly if he is the only EA in town.

Back