ESTA how long for it to arrive

Kev

I applied on line on Thursday last for ESTA going on holiday this Thursday, it has not arrived as yet will it be in time for my holiday. Does anyone know how long they normally take to arrive.

Thanks

Kev

I believe they did change a bit the way ESTA works (it is not free anymore) but back in Sept last year when we did ours for hols, well it was free but more importantly, we registered our details online and were given an immediate answer; approved. All we had to do was to print the approval paper straight away? Has this also changed or can you not just print it?

I believe they did change a bit the way ESTA works (it is not free anymore) but back in Sept last year when we did ours for hols, well it was free but more importantly, we registered our details online and were given an immediate answer; approved. All we had to do was to print the approval paper straight away? Has this also changed or can you not just print it?

Thanks for that, I looked at the printout and it says authoriation approved also, that means that it must be it.

Also can I used Euros in Florida will they be accepted in shops and outlets. Or do I have to change them into dollards, if I have to change them into dollard will I be able to change them in Flordia. I have a debit visa and not sure if that will be accepted also.

Thanks

Visa debit will work everywhere in the USA.

Euros will not work anywhere. If they did take them they would absolutely screw you on the exchnage rate. It is very difficult to change Euros in the USA. You would be best advised to change them here before you go or use an ATM.

Visa debit will work everywhere in the USA.

Euros will not work anywhere. If they did take them they would absolutely screw you on the exchnage rate. It is very difficult to change Euros in the USA. You would be best advised to change them here before you go or use an ATM.

Many thanks for the information Time.

hi just to make you aware with the new system you have to pay the 15 dollars before you get an answer if it has been approved or not you can only pay with visa or mastercard get it sorted asap because it has to be preapproved 72 hours before accessing america or they can refuse you

Thanks everyone, I have paid $14.00 when I made the application and it does says Authorisation Approved

Also it goes on ot that my travel authorisation has been approved and I am authorised to travel to US Visa Waiver Porgram. This does not gurantee adminssion to United State: a Customes and I Protection (CBP) officer at a port of entry will have the final say.

Will they let me in......:rolleyes:

Usually they do :) Just don't expect them to smile! :)

Usual sensible tips apply, be polite, queue patiently, don't argue with them, do as they ask, don't have a criminal record, don't wear an "Islamic Jihad is the bizness" t-shirt and for God's sake don't make any jokes about anything!

Unless you are acting in the very bizarre manner and have a criminal past you have gone to extra lenght to hide (ie identity change!) you should be ok! They know how to make you sweat though, just by looking at you! Bon voyage!

Heading to the states in a few weeks but waiting on new passport and then i will fill out ESTA online. I dont have a printer connected to my P.C. Can I still use my P.C. to fill out my application online and then e-mail to a friend that has a printer to print out or can you actually create an account for ESTA that you can log back into to print out your Authorisation. Any help appreciated?

Travel agents again. There is absolutely no need to have a copy. The information is in the CBP system and what is in their system counts. They will not be swayed by a printout.

Back