ESTA application

inaquandert

I want to apply for the ESTA to travel to the US in the summer maybe at some stage. I've had a look at the forms online and would just like to ask a question about it. I don't know any details of where I'm going to stay yet but it seems to need this, can I just put an address in even though it may not be where I'll actually stay.??
Also I haven't been to the US in years but the last time I went I had problems on the other side with immigration - they kept saying I'd been deported previously - which wasn't true. I was let in eventually but it was unnecessary hassle. I think that this was caused by the fact that I'd been in America years previously to that and had been granted a green card at the time which I never took up. I see no where on the ESTA form regarding these things - will they come up again if I go? How do I avoid this hassle? Thanks

Just stick in any hotel.

Immigration can be v strict. I got stopped for hours as my esta had my first name whereas passport has my first and middle name. On the other hand right after 9/11 my dad..who has a very odd sense of humour..had decanted a lemsip sachet into a plastic bag and declared it as anthrax. He got in no problem. Last family holiday ever. Mam swore she was applying for Kofi Annan's job.

Back