England's World Cup bid

They are trying to make the game more popular in Qatar.
Importing big names like Rivaldo

Who realy doesn't give a damn about his team, just wants one last big contract before he retires

Importing big names like Rivaldo

Except that they imported him after he was 'big'.

Sir Alex Ferguson was happy to to shill for Qatar's bid. First the knighhood, now this, he's really holding fast to his 'AhcumfiGovn' credentials :rolleyes: ?

I read one article this morning that says the heat at that time of the year in Qatar would be unbearable for the fans and they are considering moving it to Spetember but this would mess up domestic football schedules in Europe.
Don't seem to have thought it through.
Was Australia one of the other bids for 2022?

Can't believe Russia got it. When Ireland played there even the cops were robbing the fans. my friends all swore they would never set foot in Moscow again. Methinks many brown envelopes have changed hands. Those FIFA delegates have the morals of a TD ;)

Qatar, the last place I would expect a World Cup. I have only been there for about 5 hours, in the airport and that was a few years ago. But spent 4 of them talking to a fellow who had travled the country by him self (including desert) taking photos. From memory a young prince had come to power and was doing his best to open up what was previously a very closed country.

Back