England v RSA

Kitten

ahhhh ha ha ha ha :D :D

very immature of me I know but seriously some of the best tv I've seen in a long time

I felt really sorry for Robinson.
I'm still delighted they lost... I had to watch the match on S4C which did take away from it a bit.

Oh I thought we had grown up,this England thing has run its course by now I had hoped,I was happy they won in 2003 when I knew Ireland where out,

Oh come on dodo you can't not comment on england getting completely trashed - it's meant in a humourous way, you know "lighthearted banter".......... my lord this PC lark has gone way too far when you can't even have a go at england getting completely and utterly trounced - I meant 36 nil - come on!!

I did mention 36 - nil - yeah? Complete anihilatation............. tch tch shame on me!

wonder in the light of recent results how we might have managed against RSA? hopefully better but I wouln't be betting on it. difference is of course the Engerlish don't appear to mind whether we win or lose our matches.....

After the arrogant way they treated our President I'm not sure the English Rugby team don't deserve a bit of crowing now. Although I do agree in essence that we should be over the whole colonial past bit by now otherwise. And we really don't have too much to boast about ourselves.

Hang on this is about rugby not colonialism! Has everyone forgotton how they purposely lined out on the wrong side for the anthems in Lansdowne Road and refused to move? Pathetic tactics and completely premediated.

I was in Croke Park for the Ireland v England game and I stood for "God save the Queen" and the silence and respect from us was honourable. I don't believe they would have acted in such a manner.

By the way I was also delighted that day when we kicked their butts!

Now, I'm off to watch "The wind that shakes the barley" - recorded it last night :D

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who delight at England losing in soccer or rugby yet support Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea...

ahhhh ha ha ha ha :D :D

Anyone see the France v Ireland Game last night ?

Best TV in a long time. :rolleyes:

(It was the Ref's fault, no it was O'Gara, no it was the colour of the shirts, no it was the national anthem, no well it must be The Brits fault then ........)

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who delight at England losing in soccer or rugby yet support Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea...

Liverpool have only 2-3 England players regularly in the team (and one of those has retired from the international team), it is similar for Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal so supporting them and being happy when the international team lose is hardly that amazing.

I'm not saying I condone people delighting in the international teams losing, I'm just pointing out the flaws in this regularly quoted argument.

Also considering Liverpool and Man Utd are owned by Americans, Chelsea is owned by a Russian and Arsenal is on its way to being owned by a Russian, the "Englishness" of these clubs is seriously diminishing.

The club and country argument fails rather badly. The Georgian world cup squad has more France based players than the French squad does.

Do Man U supporters have to support Portugal every time Cristiano Ronaldo plays in the side?

Do Man U supporters have to support Portugal every time Cristiano Ronaldo plays in the side?

No, but I suspect many of them would hope he in particular, and Portugal in general, would do well, assuming it's not England they're playing against. Or more likely they wouldn't be bothered at all. But I doubt they would take pleasure in Portugal losing.
For me personally, there's no hiding place for English-club loving glory-hunters who also want to jump on the anti-Engerland bandwagon when it suits them. Stinks of hypocrisy to me.

very obvious during the 2002 world cup that 100% of the English commentators were behind Ireland. Also during the Saipan fiasco they were as split as we were on Keane. On the other hand if say Terry walked out on Engerland during the world cup would we be split? Smirking and gloating no doubt.

And what about people who love Celtic and still despise Britain (and there's loads of them who do, not pointing fingers at you Jock04 but you sound Scottish so you can possibly relate easier)?

Club does not equal Country.
end of.

And what about people who love Celtic and still despise Britain (and there's loads of them who do, not pointing fingers at you Jock04 but you sound Scottish so you can possibly relate easier)?

end of.

Hypocrisy does not end at Hadrians' Wall, Pique! ;)

Swing Low. Probably as far as they will go. Definitely worth their win over the Aussies today.

end of.
The Celtic loving, Sun reading, Coronation Street watching, Premiership following, patriotic Irish kind or the Scottish ones?

Just back from 2 weeks away and god am I swallowing my words and feeling a tad stupid :eek: - I'd nearly swear the Gods turned on me and the irish team after my post so I humbly accept all responsiblity for Irelands demise (could you even call it that?) and Englands triumph in the world cup so far........................it's all my fault...forgive me..................;)

Back