Engagement ring in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimerickMan

Hi all, I'm heading to NYC with "she who must be obeyed" and I'm planning on popping the question. I'dlike to get the engagement ring over there (pending a positive response of course).
I've searched this and other forums and two places that seem to be consistently mentioned are Fortunoffs and Hannikens.
Anyone have any personal experience with either? Any other advice on diamond ring shopping in NYC would be really appreciated!
Thanks a lot & happy Christmas!

As posted in previous threads, I bought my engagement ring in Hanikens last June. They were so helpful, and the ring we got is beautiful. Valued here to be 5000 euro more than what I paid for it. We are heading to New York in the new year, and we are going to get the wedding rings there too.
We also went to Fortunoffs, but way pricier than Hanikens.

Last edited:
I looked in Fortunoffs, but didn't like the pressurised sales pitching. Went to Tiffanys in the end which I had pre-arranged with a sales person via email. No pressure, no trying to upsell...the Tiffanys girl knew my budget and what we wanted and she showed us just that. The service there is mega...yes you can get a bigger diamond for the same money somewhere else, but I don't think you'll beat the experience...and most importantly herself loved it!

just head to 47th Street (i think) it's where all the jewellers are. we got our wedding bands there. they made my wife's one up for her in a day ! so if you see something, like what you are looking for, say it to them and they may be able to customise is for ye

Hi,
My BF popped the question unexpectedly last month on holidays in New York. Thanks to info from this site (we didn't have a clue where to look for a ring) we ended up getting one in hannikens.

First we tried
-Tiffanys, I though they very overpriced and service was not that great! -Fortunoffs, guy in there was very informative and helpful but they didn't have a great selection.
-Walked along 47th street and went in a few places but most of them felt a bit dodgy and they really gave us the hard sell.

Hannikens was a little hard to find, it’s on 47th street but it’s in a shop with lots of other jewelers who all rent booths. We dealt with Emily who was lovely and very professional. They had a huge selection of rings and we were given lots of time to decide. We picked out the ring, it had to be resized so we popped back and hour later and collected it! I am absolutely delighted with it and am sure there is no way we would have got the same quality of ring here for the same price. They gave us an evaluation of the ring to give to our insurance company for 50% more than we paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back