Employment law - Job contract help

D

Duckman

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone can help me. I was informed today that my job as a management accountant is no longer needed as they have no need for 2 accountants. However they are offering me a role as an accountants clerk on a accountants clerk salary.

My contract of employment states that i am to be employed as a management accountant.

The work of this new position will be exactly the same as what I am currently doing.

I am really looking for advice on the situation as I think that I should be made redundant as my contract of employment states I am a management accountant.

Thanks in advance
Duckman

See http://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...undancy/redundancy/redundancy_procedures.html
re alternative work - if there is a substantial reduction in your terms and conditions then you can refuse the offer of work and still be entitled to redundancy.
OR - you can contest that there is a redundancy at all as the work is the same or is substantially the same; however your only recourse here may be an unfair dismissals case if your employer goes ahead with the re-organisation and there is up to a years wait for a case to be heard.

Last edited:
Back