Electronic photo frame

Know nothing about these things but got an email ad from Pixmania for a deal on this

MUSTEK 8" Digital Photo Frame PF-D800, E149.61

"The PF-D800 digital photo frame is a very user-friendly and dynamic support for you to enjoy your photos on. It has an 8" colour screen as well as a memory card reader compatible with SD, MMC, MemoryStick, MemoryStick Pro, MemoryStick Duo and CompactFlash formats. With the PF-D800, you have complete control over your slideshow with viewing modes, different time intervals and a large palette of transition effects. On the connection side, the PF-D800 comes with an audio-video output so that you can hook it up to your television."

Their full list is .

How do they look?

Hi

Looking for one of these but not with an ac adapter as want to put it somewhere there is no socket near

Saw a few around town in Pixels and other camera shops I never knew they were so expensive

Anyone got any other recommendations and were to buy even online ?

Ta

Well have to bribe the missus to get one of these on Thursday up early but dont think there will be a queue

The good thing about Aldi (like Lidl and Argos etc.) is that if the goods don't suit then you can bring them back within 30 days (Aldi/Lidl)/16 (?) days (Argos) for a refund once everything (including packaging) is intact and you have your receipt.

Interesting to note the drop in prices/rise in specs since this thread was started back in October 2005. The OP had asked about a <4" viewer costing over $150 — now, for less than half that price, Aldi are offering a 7" one with USB 2.0 connection, multi-card reader, built-in speakers and remote control included. Oh, and it plays music and movies, too! :D

Interesting to note the drop in prices/rise in specs since this thread was started back in October 2005. The OP had asked about a <4" viewer costing over $150 — now, for less than half that price, Aldi are offering a 7" one with USB 2.0 connection, multi-card reader, built-in speakers and remote control included. Oh, and it plays music and movies, too! :D
It is, in fact, a very small television?!

Got this today an pretty happy with it Mrs Gunner joined the Q just after 8 ish 6 people in front mainly buying digital camera

There are 3 changeable frames white, black and silver. Plays music but have not tested this out. Plays Mpeg4 films but have not converted any yet

Happy enough with it and the plug cable is long enough

I'm still waiting for a good WiFi enabled electronic picture frame to emerge in the market. In theory, I want to stick it on a wall, say in my front room, and seemlessly download pics from a PC/server elsewhere in the house.

I just don't want another set of cables clogging up the room. Already have a scanner, surround sound woofer and speakers, printer, webcam, external backup drives etc and then at different times of the day there are also various family MP3 and cameras connected to the main PC.

Anyone know of any developments in WiFi frames?

For me still too expensive for what they do.

But searching Argos UK they do seem to have some good deals of some brands at present - plenty of half price ones in there, and I assume that RoI Argos would do the same deals?

It is, in fact, a very small television?!
No, as ClubMan says, no tuner or A/V input. However, in the same week Lidl are also selling a portable 7" [broken link removed] that is DivX-compatible and has USB and SD/MMC/MS memory card slots. All for £75 in the old money. Now that's a knacky kind of a yoke, as a certain boring old frat used to say... ;)

Back