Electrics socket for lighting board

eeks2006

Can anybody advise me where I can get an electric socket fitted on my car for a light Board. We are having a stay-cation this year and are travelling to Kerry in a couple of weeks and want to bring bikes on a bike rack which attaches the the rear of the car.
As the break lights etc are obscured by the wheels of the bikes you legally need to have a light board, but I do not have the electric socket installed as you would with a tow bar.

Can anybody let me know who installs these or where I can get it done in the Dublin area. Also a rough idea on price and amount fo time it would take would be absolutely great if possible.

Thanks in advance, Conor.

Ive rang 3 and thay have all said they dont. Thats the reason Im posting here so I dont have to ring
around anymore.

Halfords sell the wiring as a kit, and their blurb says it's an easy fit...

[broken link removed]

You could remove the frount wheel of a bike quite easy,i have seen people doing it that way,
What make is your car?and what year is it?2003 on ,Vw,skoda,seat,cars etc,you will need a trailer module fitted and this will need to be programed to suit your car,
What area of are you living?a good auto repair centre should be able to do this,

If you remove the front wheel the back wheel still obstructs the lights on the other side.

Its not just the lights, the bike hides the number plate.

You legally cannot have anything obstructing your lights or number plate.

It is a 2002 Audi A4 Estate.

I do not want to do it myself. I want a professional to do it.

I just need the name of 1 garage in ANY AREA OF DUBLIN so that I do not have to waste anymore time calling garages who tell me we dont do it but ring around.

Thanks for the advice.

I would do it for you but my repair centre is in cork!

Google,auto electrical repairs dublin,surly there is some garage up there to do this for you.

Back