Electric Ireland bills....paid through Ptsb

Billo

I always paid my Electric ireland bills through Ptsb where the correct Iban is set up under "pay a bill".
In February I got a letter from Electric Ireland saying they are changing their Iban from old (Aib) to a new Danske bank Iban.
So I went into Ptsb Swords and asked them to change the Iban to the new Iban but they said they could not do it without contact from Electric Ireland.
I then contacted Electric Ireland to explain the situation,and that I had been to the bank and they came back with......

I regret to inform you we cannot contact your bank due to data protection.
If you go directly into the bank they will be able to amend the bank details for you.
Apologies about any inconvenience caused.

I do not want to go direct debit unless I have to.

Anyone else have this problem
Billo

Could you set up a new bill payee with the new IBAN instead of trying to change the old one?

You could then delete the old IBAN.

Could you set up a new bill payee with the new IBAN instead of trying to change the old one?

You could then delete the old IBAN.
Thanks gipimann
That is an option I may have to try if the banking system accepts two iban's for the one payee.
I will sort if out eventually. I am in credit by a few hundred at thr moment.

I'm in the same boat.
When you select "Pay a Bill" via the PTSB banking app, it just lists the various providers they have on the system,
They don't show the provider's specific bank details. Yes, I could set up a 3rd party payment - but that's not the point.

I rang PTSB today to ask them if they have updated Electric Ireland's bank details from AIB to Danske bank but I got the run around on the phone.

The help desk person just kept advising me to pay the bill via the app or on-line. Yes, I know that I kept saying but what I'm trying to clarify is: has PTSB updated their system to use the new IBIC/IBAN for Electric Ireland before I pay my current bill.
Still non the wiser. I'll try calling into my local branch instead.

BTW When I got that letter from Electric Ireland I rang them up first to verify it was genuine (and not an invoice scam) Believe it or not, the first person I talked to at Electric Ireland had no idea what I was talking about either but she was able to verify with a collegue that the letter is genuine,
so the old IBAN at AIB will no longer work.
I wonder how many calls they must have got about it?

But then I rememered most Irish bank still insist on sending misc messages to customer by txt message, while also waring about txt scams, so why am I surpirsed when a large provider seems oblivious to sending out official letters that have all the existing hallmarks of a well know scam. :confused:

But then I rememered most Irish bank still insist on sending misc messages to customer by txt message, while also waring about txt scams, so why am I surpirsed when a large provider seems oblivious to sending out official letters that have all the existing hallmarks of a well know scam. :confused:
There's nothing wrong with them sending such text messages as long as they don't include links to online content. Text messages are not inherently "bad" in and of themselves.

Back