Elect Ireland bill

roker

My last bill for €79 was base between a dated period and not by units used. does anyone know what's going on

Maybe blank out your personal details , account number and MPRN and post up here ?

Yes I do. Your bill is probably estimated, like mine despite having a new whizz-bang up-to-date digital meter in place for months.

My reading (estimated) wasn't taken on 31-10-2023 and my usage for 01/11/2023 was also estimated.

The rates from 01/11/2023 for electric units and service charges were reduced by 10%. The overpaid EI staff managed to get those simple sums correct on my bill.

Your bill will show multiple dates with multiple rates for electricity and service charges for the billing period concerned and the Public Service Obligation Levy will show as a credit (may be labeled as a Public Service Obligation Rebate)

The estimated billing for my bill was magicked out of thin air on 01/11/2023, sent from Cork to Fitzwilliam St, Dublin, and the bill was produced on 03/11/2023. An Post delivered it yesterday 08/11/2023. So a full week from estimated reading to getting the bill in the customer's hand. Not acceptable. I get one week's credit until I have to pay the bill, due on 17/11/2023, paid by D/D on 15/11/2023.

It's gone time to AI the daylights out of EI. In the 80's I was a driver in producing what were then referred to as expert systems, rule-based add-ons to manufacturing systems. To produce an expert system into EI, the biggest struggle will be to find an expert in anything to interview. Ask a question and the inevitable answer is "DOH, da system sez."

My little EI billing template got all the changes processed in jig time with a €0.01 difference to what the boys and girls in Fitzwilliam st managed, but didn't cost millions to do that.

Last edited:
Smart Meters are based on connectivity. They are not all equal. They rate 1 - 4. 1 being your smart meter was not connecting so had to be read manually. Ring ESB Networks and give them your MPRN.

Reactions: Leo
Back