Elder abuse

suemoo

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice as I'm very concerned about my 84 year old grandmother who is a widow, I feel that my grandmother is being subjected to financial elder abuse from one of her sons (my uncle) , I suspected something wasn't right and I cautiously looked into some of her affairs and was sad and shocked to find her own son is ripping her off, an example of this is transferring the ownership of her late husbands car into his own name then selling it, also a lot of money being given to him, I need some help as I want my grandmother to be protected, it sickens me to my stomach that she is being taken advantage of.....I would appricate any help you can give, she told me he shouts and bully's her into giving him money and it's breaking my heart. Thanks

You should find some information here that may be of help;

[broken link removed]

In your case it is obvious what is going on. In my case it is a passive aggressive person planting thoughts in my fathers head and coerceing him in to doing things. The person doing it is a trained councellor who can come across as a caring individual in front of others but is really a quite demanding and controlling individual. At least you have the opportunity to look in to her financial affairs and can see it and therefore should be able to act on it.

Back