eircom refusing to monitor Astec alarm

laois1

I rang Eircom to get a quotation to get my house alarm remotely monitored. They told me quite abruptly that because my alarm is an Astec they would not be able to do this. No reason was given other than they have a list of alarms that they are prepared to monitor and astec is not one of them. Anyone have any idea why this is the case ? Also I m having diffculty getting someone to check out an error message on the alarm. Anyone know of any companies that service this model in the midlands/leinster ?? Thanks

I rang Eircom to get a quotation to get my house alarm remotely monitored. They told me quite abruptly that because my alarm is an Astec they would not be able to do this. No reason was given other than they have a list of alarms that they are prepared to monitor and astec is not one of them. Anyone have any idea why this is the case ? Also I m having diffculty getting someone to check out an error message on the alarm. Anyone know of any companies that service this model in the midlands/leinster ?? Thanks

Why do you you think that Eircom or Vodafone or O3 or Magnet or Perlico or Smart or BT or any other Telco( in other words why pick Eircom) provider should take on the monitoring of your alarm, when none of them had any input into the provision of said alarm????

I also think that the make of your alarm (ASTEC) is irrelevant in this situation.

Also I m having diffculty getting someone to check out an error message on the alarm. Anyone know of any companies that service this model in the midlands/leinster ?? Thanks

My workplace (based in the midlands) uses WES Systems based in Dublin for our alarm, always found Pat great to deal with

[broken link removed]

Eircom phonewatch

Sparkrite - the reason that I want this service is because it is advertised as being available from eircom phonewatch, check out

[broken link removed]

Eircom say they can set up phonewatch monitoring on an previously installed alarm for 299 euro, plus monthly monitoring fee. The other companies you mentioned do not monitor alarms - correct me if i am wrong ?? My alarm is in perfect working order. The problem that eircom have is the make of my alarm therefore it is relevant to post it. I am posting in case anyone knows; \

- why eircom wont connect phonewatch to this make of alarm ?? is there any chance they could change this policy as i know years back they would not connect any other models of alarm

- anyone know any companies that service astec alarms as i have an error message related to a previous powercut that i cant get rid of

Padraigb - the alarm is working fine. The error message is from a past event when there was a power failure. I know this can be cleared as the man who installed it cleared previous messages but he has retired from business due to the PSA charges. The alarm stores all events as they occur under date and time in its memory. Im no expert but thought there might be one reading AAM posts.

- why eircom wont connect phonewatch to this make of alarm ??

Probably because the monitoring systems they use are not compatible with that particular make/model of alarm.

is there any chance they could change this policy as i know years back they would not connect any other models of alarm

Only Eircom can answer that.

I second the above.

Get a gsm unit installer a dialler installed.

Works a treat. As for installers or manuals the guys in the home security forum on boards are great and very helpful.

Astec was sold out and their equipment is becoming very scarce, most wholesalers will not have any stock.
What model of astec do you have, does it have a digi.

If your system has a DV after the 49 0r 63 then it can be self monitored by using the voice dialer built into the system. If it has a D after the 49 0r 63 then it can be monitored by a monitoring station, does not have to be P.W.
Here is a link to the [broken link removed] off the Astec system.

Back