Eircom Phonewatch Batteries

I have the same problem with main battery, very strange as it only came up after i stopped renewal of monitoring, also error only happens at 4.20am every night!:(! and shows battery ok during the day.
P.S ALT1 what do you mean by "walk test" alarm to reset this fault?

Spooky, I had a problem with the DD one month and they sent me threatening letters, eventually got the payment re-instated but while they thought I was canceling my monitoring contract the panel battery failed.

Thought it was just my suspicious mind but now reading this thread.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else on askaboutmoney suddenly had "battery problems" as soon as they tried to leave phone watch monitoring.

I have the same problem with main battery, very strange as it only came up after i stopped renewal of monitoring, also error only happens at 4.20am every night!:(! and shows battery ok during the day.
P.S ALT1 what do you mean by "walk test" alarm to reset this fault?

It sounds more like a test call not going through than the battery. If you press the status button it will tell what the problem is. To walk test the Simon, drop the front lid and enter your code. Press test, then Done. This will allow you test all the sensors on the system and also do a main unit battery test. When finished it will say, sensor test complete. Close up the lid and listen to any problems on the system again by pressing the status button. If it says system low battery, you will need a new back up battery for the alarm.

Back