Eircom Phonewatch Ad

Nedtastic

Is is my imagination or does the new Eircom Phonewatch ad on the radio insinuate that there is a case to be made for getting a house alarm to protect your children.

As the voiceover in the ad is telling us that 'we now have more to protect', there is the sound of kids laughing in the background. What are we supposed to take from this I wonder? At best it is quite alarming.

Is is my imagination or does the new Eircom Phonewatch ad on the radio insinuate that there is a case to be made for getting a house alarm to protect your children.

As the voiceover in the ad is telling us that 'we now have more to protect', there is the sound of kids laughing in the background. What are we supposed to take from this I wonder? At best it is quite alarming.

I think that was the whole point.

Yes I agree with the OP.

I also pointed this advert out to the other half. I think they even mention "a new arrival" on the dialogue as well.

For me this is how these type of companies in the field advertise. They create the culture of fear that make people think their child is at risk (esp with Maddie McCann fresh in everyone's minds) so then they won't mind paying out crazy money every month to get an Eircom Phone Watch.

It is very over-priced, and if someone wants to abduct your child an Eircom PhoneWatch alarm ain't going to stop them.

Back