Eircom ESOP: when's our next windfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone read the circular from CWU today,scary stuff, if you want to hold on to your pension and jobs the pressure is on to vote yes.

Look, its the first time in many years that Eircom is being taken over by a telco.

A no vote is a no brainer.
If anybody wants any sort of return then a yes vote is imperative.

And just for the record I do not agree with the Esop's behavior at all, I just see beyond a knee jerk vote of no.

Unless the Ballot Paper comes with a cheque and a promise of future payments I will be voting NO.

I rang the esop unit yesterday, the lady i spoke to informed me when we get esop 21 next week it will deal soley with the ballot at hand and nothing else. I asked her about a christmas payout and she told me nothing had been decided yet, that all their time and effort was going into this ballot and nothing else. When i pressed her she said given the time frame with the ballot a christmas payout looks unlikely (her words). This whole thing is a ploy the ballot was delayed to the very last second for a reason, they are putting a gun to our heads, they will probably fill us with scary stories about your pension and future payouts. Dont be sucked in its a typical union ploy, its mind games again. VOTE NO its the only way we can stop these wreckless idiots pouring our cash into a sinking ship and keeping themselves in their cushy little jobs. Ignore all the scaremongering, to stop jerome barrett and his band of merry men we all must vote NO. We can take it as almost certain now there will be no christmas payout.

Well said Vincentj. For the same reason I will Vote NO. I am sure, like the Lisbon Treaty we will vote again after Christmas and lets hope by then the ESOP heads will be less arrogant

All I can say with certainty is that all this is completely doing my head in! One person says there is a payment coming, another says there isn't. Hopes raised and dashed in the space of two posts. I sometimes wish I had never found this forum. :-(

I do have faith - faith that the sun will rise and set - but not that we will get an allocation :(

I agree with penpusher, I don't think I can handle this 'will we, won't we' scenario for much longer. I really want to believe eircomlifer. Someone please put us out of our misery!

Folks, I can categorically inform you - there will be a pay out this Christmas - I heard it directly from my source in ESOP. They first just want to deal with the ballot and then they'll deal with the payout.
And by the way, a no vote would seriously put in doubt any future payments - I was told that. If you want the honey to keep flowing till 2014, then everyone will need to vote yes.

Folks, I can categorically inform you - there will be a pay out this Christmas - I heard it directly from my source in ESOP. They first just want to deal with the ballot and then they'll deal with the payout.
And by the way, a no vote would seriously put in doubt any future payments - I was told that. If you want the honey to keep flowing till 2014, then everyone will need to vote yes.

Were you told when notifications would be issued about this payout?

you see eircomlifer , this is exactly what i am talking about . you say you know for definete that there will be a payout , that your contact within esop informed you , in fact you told us this some time ago also , but the part that annoys me is , if that info is available to you , through your contact , [ and i respect their right to anonymoity] then surely this proves the point that they DO in fact know if were getting a payout or not yet they continue to say they know nothing when you ring

Thank you eircomlifer for putting a little ray of hope into what was shaping up to be a very gloomy Monday :)

While I understand everyone's impulse to return a NO vote I really don't think this would achieve anything in the long run except to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Given that they want to deal with the ballot first - does that mean no notifications until the ballots are returned?

to be perfectly honest i will still be voting no - due to the non sensical idea that the esop increasing their share in what seems to be a failing company would be madness.

imagine eircom on the stock market in its present state i couldnt see poeple rushing into putting their hard earned money into it.

neonitrix

sorry lifer,but i find it hard to believe an esop member confided in you,people who were telling me months ago about a payout (nat exec and credit union )are all of a sudden pulling back from what they said and are pushing for a yes vote.up Until last friday the official word from the union was they knew nothing.All of a sudden a circular appears about jobs/pensions and we are being asked to vote yes.Surely if they wanted the members to vote yes they would tell us the truth.

when will pepole realise that the union , NOR the credit union , could NOR should have first hand knowledge of whether or not we get a payout .THEY ARE NOT esop members so it is none of their business

Ex- Union: I have not seen the circular you mention. When was it issued. It does not appear on the CWU Site.

A circular from union hq was issued on friday afternoon urging present and former staff to support the stt bid and vote yes.It plainly states that jobs could be at risk and the pension fund is also at risk.In reply to paul o b most of union hq are members of the esop and the credit union have members on their credit control committee who are members of esop.I have seen a letter from the credit union sent to a member,telling him they were aware of an esop payment before christmas.I have no reason to mislead anybody i am purely reporting what i have heard and seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back