Eircom ESOP: when's our next windfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
do we even know if the stt bid has been excepted ? if it is what does that mean for us ? when will we know ? how long does the whole process of selling take ? does this mean there is a possibility of us getting more money any time soon ? anyone know the answers to these questions ?

Irish independent on Saturday has article saying that Eircom executives have flown to Singapore to meet with STT and Eircom Holdings so it looks like current stalemate could be broken.

My gut feeling on this is that STT will eventually take control of Eircom Holdings as it seems all parties are striding to make this happen.

On other matters ,rang home yesterday and Dad told me cheque of 521 euros from Esop arrived in post(spending money for my holiday in Ireland)

cheque of 521 euros from Esop arrived in post(spending money for my holiday in Ireland)

That'll just about pay for a night out in Dublin
(bus home though as it'll hardly pay for a taxi ;))

Any ideas on the wording for the webiste please? (key inclusions etc.)

Cheers!

"Time is running out", or that's what the newspapers said, about the sale of eircom to STT. They said yesterday - 05th of August was the cut off day, for esop's backing/support for eircom holdings.
Anyone have an update on what's going on and also if the company isn't sold, will that mean we'll get our money back?

"Time is running out", or that's what the newspapers said, about the sale of eircom to STT. They said yesterday - 05th of August was the cut off day, for esop's backing/support for eircom holdings.
Anyone have an update on what's going on and also if the company isn't sold, will that mean we'll get our money back?

heard a roumer that we are to be offered 40 000 a man for our shares because they dont want us having ownership of any part of the company

heard a roumer that we are to be offered 40 000 a man for our shares because they dont want us having ownership of any part of the company

Quote your source please - this is the kind of stuff that can get peoples hopes up, etc

And ultimately rumours are just that (which is unfortunate, given half the rumours I have heard over the past few years about ESOP)

Quote your source please - this is the kind of stuff that can get peoples hopes up, etc

And ultimately rumours are just that (which is unfortunate, given half the rumours I have heard over the past few years about ESOP)

i am told there is a story in todays irish times relating to the bid by s t t i have not got the paper yet so i dont know whats in it page 21 i am told

STT have raised their offer for Eircom Holdings(formerly BCM)

If offer accepted by Eircom Holdings,STT will pay a premium of 40 cents AUD to Eircom Holdings shareholders over current cash value of Eircom Holdings(current estimate 97 cent Aud)

Eircom Holding shareholders have option of not receiving 40 cent premium and receiving equivalent shareholding in new company being set up which will be incorporated in Caymen Islands.

Esop will swap their current 35% stake in Eircom for 35% stake in new incorporated company set up in Cayman Islands.

So, what will the esop members gain from this new take over, if it happens?
I'm very browned off with the esop unit! Not a word or an update on the webpage.

well luckylou the esops response to all previous takeovers was to get themselves a bigger slice of the action , i have no reason to think it will be any different this time . they only seem to want to buy into the company as much as possible even though this is against the wishes of the vast majority of the members who just want whatever monies are due to them . as i said before this is their way of keeping themselves in a job , not to mention the fact that former c w u staff have also been looked after and are on the pay roll of e s o p

but what does all this mean should the revenue not grant permission to continue issuing shares ?

anyone see todays sunday business post ? i was talking to liz from esop office on friday and she told me the part about whether revenue would agree to continue with tax free payments [as reported in last weeks times ] was only a formality . well that is not the case according to sunday business post in fact if you read the report it looks more like they will not agree to it . so back to my previous question in an earlier post what does it mean for us if they dont agree ?

I've just read the Sunday Business Post also, uugghhhhh.

If the revenue decide against the tax free drops, including the triple payment (and I think they will), will ESOP still buy into STT (which would be stupid) or will they have more sence and disolve ESOP now before Eircom holdings sign contracts.

It's not looking good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back