Eircom ESOP: when's our next windfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: eircom esop when's our next windfall?

any update on what happened on the 27th? Or even word on a possible June/July payout?

Amen to that ph! If anyone has a clue what's happening with our payout please 'fess up......

Bad news guys...

Word is it's only €2k. It is going to be interesting to see how they explain only giving us €2k when we are due a guaranteed payment of €7k. What are they doing with the other €5k?

Noooooooooooo.........what a swizz! Any excuse to shortchange us. Suppose should be content with small mercies at this stage though. Very hard to swallow.

any word on what date this allocation is happening?

Okay. My source is of the opinion that that payment will be withheld for 2009. The money will be kept in a fund (ha!) and distributed at an undecided date in the future. A case of live horse and get grass. If the money is there we should have it.

My problem is that I have been told that this decision has been made in order to avoid a PR storm. Not a good enough reason in my opinion to hold anything back. I'm sorry, but our so called representatives on the board of trustees are clearly not working in the interests of union members. We gave them a mandate to act on our behalf but surely this can't go unchallenged in the face of a major error in judgement, which I believe this to be.

Is there anything we can do?

I agree….

….If this is supposedly our last guaranteed allocation, then shouldn’t we have the opportunity to decide by voting as to whether or not to receive a payout, as normal, or to have the funds re-invested?

Hi Guys,
I agree wholeheartedly with the above. I'm ex eircom and depend on this yearly windfall to clear outstanding bills etc. We understood the pay-outs this year were scheduled for June and Nov/Dec. These shares are there for the benefit of the members of ESOP not the benefit of the Board of Trustees. I don't want to see them disappear into a black hole in eircom.
I would like to see a ballot among all members of ESOP regarding pay-out immediately.
Regards all.

With the majority of members now outside the company the ESOP should really be wrapped up and payment in full given out. But this i know nothing attitude from ESOP is really frustrating. People are depending on the money for all sorts of things and the uncertainty is frustrating. The board are acting like gods and should be far more transparent and forthcoming with information.

i agree,im ex eircom the esop website is a joke,and they never can give you any info when you call them.We dont get these distributions for nothing,yes and also think the esop should be wound up and give us our money that we are entitled to.

I don't want to get anybodies hopes up ....but, there's a rumor circulating this morning that we're going to receive 7k on June 30th.

I don't want to get anybodies hopes up ....but, there's a rumor circulating this morning that we're going to receive 7k on June 30th.

unfortuantely rumours like this, will get peoples hopes up - guess we have to wait and see if (eventually) the esop website will be updated to reflect the truth about this rumour

Yes, but I wouldn't post it unless it was from a good source. I mean, he heard 2k before it was posted on here. We'll just have to wait and see...
(not much else that we can do!)

I heard the same rumour as dr1nky yesterday, full allocation will be 7k (heard it from several very reliable peeps).

lets keep our fingers crossed,i might be able to bring the family on a holiday this year!

well then lets wait and see what happens (currently praying to various gods and a small mouse that this happens :) )

I heard the same rumour as dr1nky yesterday, full allocation will be 7k (heard it from several very reliable peeps).
esop as transparent as the union used to be (are not) left messages on esop site not even a message to say they got them dont think they log in to their own site

i got reply from esop yesterday, all they say is trustees have not made any announcement but there will be an announcement in an esop extra newsletter before end of month. their website has to be one of the worst. Do the trustees not realise that people have made decisisons on an understanding there was to be a 7000 payout this june.

i got reply from esop yesterday, all they say is trustees have not made any announcement but there will be an announcement in an esop extra newsletter before end of month. their website has to be one of the worst. Do the trustees not realise that people have made decisisons on an understanding there was to be a 7000 payout this june.
if they are sending out a news letter it prob. means no money this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back