Eircom ESOP: when's our next windfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: eircom esop when's our next windfall?

Extopia, Please note that the "ordinary" share holder had every opportunity to make lots of money on eircom shares by selling early. However, the greedy lost out by hanging on for more gain. Everybody who bought shares took a risk and some gained and others lost. Also the eircom workers made eircom what it was and it is only right that they should continue to reap the benifits of success.

"Also the eircom workers made eircom what it was and it is only right that they should continue to reap the benifits of success"

I just luv that statement :)

Fiasco? I think scandal is a more apt description for what was probably the nadir of the Celtic Tiger era.

considering the price they sold it at ,the government got way more for Eircom than it was worth and all this went into the national pension fund , right ? so we didnt do that badly even if people got fleeced.

Also the eircom workers made eircom what it was and it is only right that they should continue to reap the benifits of success.

:) I'm glad you said 'was', and even that is debatable. I've worked in telecom's all my life, and am familiar with working with eircom from an external perspective.
It wasn't called Slumberland house for nothing.

most in the industry would consider doing business with eircom akin to walking in tar; always was, always is.

Last edited:

most in the industry would consider doing business with eircom akin to walking in tar; always was, always is.

That would be my experience as a customer too. Thankfully we now have a semblance of choice, although unfortunately can't get completely away from the moribund eircom as they still own the line.

although unfortunately can't get completely away from the moribund eircom as they still own the line.

therein lies the problem, or perhaps its the legacy of a past problem - its easy be an employee in a company that has a monopoly in an industry for 50 years, in a world where everyone was getting a phone line installed!

That would be my experience as a customer too. Thankfully we now have a semblance of choice, although unfortunately can't get completely away from the moribund eircom as they still own the line.

It wasn't a great outfit to be honest and I speak as an ex employee. Mostly run by pretty militant unions. But having said that - the staff were very badly paid over the years so maybe it was justified.

Money definitely on the way. The ESOP website has posted a notice on it. The ESOP extra book will be sent out early November (now) with the money to follow later in November. No definite date mentioned but I presume the payout will be around the 24th as rumoured recently.

Slumberland House may be gone but from my experience (as another ex-employee) we've all paid for the ESOP (and I'm not in receipt of same).

Hi there,

Thanks for all the information on this matter so far...

I heard a rumour of a payout in March of €30k for full allocation holders - can anybody back this up?

Thanks in advance,

Eddie

I've the same question...is there any news on a payout planned for Jan.Feb 2009 timeframe? Thanks

at one point with Eircom shares - shareholders could have sold at 35% profit Hardly the governments problem that I as a shareholder didnt sell.

I've the same question...is there any news on a payout planned for Jan.Feb 2009 timeframe? Thanks

I emailed ESOP and asked them could they verify the rumor and, of course, they're being tight-lipped about giving out any information.

Here's what they emailed me back though:

>>>
'The Trustee have made no announcement regarding a triple appropriation for 2009.

All members of the ESOP would be advised regarding any appropriation from the scheme'.
<<<

Anyway, if anybody else hears anything let me know!

Thanks,

dr1nky

But besides the 'triple payout' rumour that I've also heard about; has ANYONE heard about the normal €12k range pay-out within Q12009 time frame? ....nothing is posted on the ESOP website..... Did anyone get 'the promise letter' yet? I've strong fairly reliable information that this IS coming but???????????

Presumably if there is to be a triple payment, this may preclude a "normal" payment - for tax reasons. As a matter of interest, what is the "promise letter" - excuse my ignorance but I´ve been living out of Ireland since retiring, so I´m really out of touch

The 'promise letter ' is the letter the ESOP sends out confirming a coming payment on such and such a day....sometimes they post it on the ESOP website ....but at the moment, other then hot rumours....I can't find anything confirming a payment by the end of Feb. 2009....the rumours DO sound wonderful would be nice to know if they're based in reality......

Is it not a bit early in the year for another payout!? Considering, every other payout was made in June/July!

I think we need the word from MB05; the only one who seems to have the inside track on all of this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back