Egyptian Tourist Visa

I may be correct BillK but don't blame me when when a bunch of crooked cops beat you to a pulp screaming "give us money infidel dog !"
Only joking -Egyptian police are famous for their gentle ways and incorruptible behaviour.

Hey there,just lookin for a bit of first hand advice. Looking at Sharm for Feb,but concerned about travel due to the violence in Egypt and according to a few travel advice sites "the risk of indescriminate terrorist attacks" . My kind of holiday wouldnt be poolside at a resort, like to get out into the red canyon on a hiking trip etc

Everyone I ever sent to Sharm whilst i was a travel agent came back with great reports -especially as regards the swimming/diving. I'd clients who'd barely swam in their lives coming back excited by the snorkelling experiences. Good food, very clean resort and now very well guarded.

Safety and security ? Who can tell in three months? It's not so much the problems associated with the political turmoil that would bother me but the poor security in the Sinai which may make going outside the resort less appealing than hitherto.

Mind you, if an Egyptian were to ask an Irish person how safe is Dublin for a visitor what would one say ?

From my experience a few weeks ago Cairo was the only place that you could feel unrest. I wasn't near Sinai though and the Dept of FA says We strongly advise against all travel to Northern Sinai where the security situation is particularly unstable.
I presume you will just be transferring in Cairo. In other parts of Egypt ie. Aswan, Luxor etc they were absolutely delighted to see tourists. So many work in tourism here and a lot are really suffering because of the downturn.

Mrs K and I are just back this morning from Sharm el Sheik. We wandered evrywhere on high roads and byroads without the lest breath of a problem.

Back