EFlow Tag

BertieBowel

Has anyone experienced a similar problem:

I have an EFlow tag and used the M50 4 times yesterday 21st Sep - 2 northbound and 2 southbound trips. However my online account statement only shows the 1st northbound trip and the 2st southbound trip !
9.13 Northbound -charge appears on EFlow website
13.15 Southbound - no charge on website
17.15 Northbound - no charge on website
19.20 Southbound - charge appears on website

I eventually got thru to someone on their 1890501050 line, having tried numerous combinations on their phone system. A really nice girl took my details and promised she would get "Customer Service" to call me back. I also emailed Customer Service - no reply.

Is there a chance that the 8pm deadline will pass and I will be hit for charges for the 2 'missing' transactions????

The 8pm deadline is for unregistered vehicles so does not apply to you.If you don't alert them to their charging shortcomings you may get a few goes free!

The 8pm deadline is for unregistered vehicles so does not apply to you.If you don't alert them to their charging shortcomings you may get a few goes free!

I think BertieBowel is worried that if the tag didn't register - the system will treat his car as unregistered for those trips and issue a charge of €3.
From what I have hear on various radio programs - there are all sorts of "teething" problems like this - so don't be surprised if you get a bill.

I got a bill saying I hadn't paid my toll when I had. the money has gone out of my bank account. I tried to ring the help line a load of times but noone seems to pick up!

I got a bill saying I hadn't paid my toll when I had. the money has gone out of my bank account. I tried to ring the help line a load of times but noone seems to pick up!

I had this problem with their "help line" when I was trying to activate my video account. I probably ranted on a thread here at the time about it. Anyway, after trying constantly (and I mean constantly - every 5-10 minutes) for 4 hours to get through, I rang the main number for the NRA and got through immediately. Perhaps that's the way to talk to them.

If the tag didn't register for whatever reason the video number plate system should register and then be linked to your account

Thanks for the responses.

Eventually got thru yesterday by selecting the Gaeilge option.

The girl in the call centre (who thankfully conversed in English!) told me not to worry about it and that wasnt I lucky that I only got charged twice and not 4 times. She also commended me on my honesty !!

After explaining my concern she said she would put a note on the system stating that I'd called and assured me that I wouldnt be fined.

I'll be watching the post with interest over the next few weeks...

What i am saying is that they conversed in their national language. Irish may very well be the native language but it is no longer the national language.

Back