Edinburgh in November

boris

Group of 5 of us are going to Edinburgh in early November. Anyone know of a good and reasonably priced hotel near Princes Street. Would need about 3 rooms.

Looking around the net a lot for something but prices seem fairly high for that time of the year.

Hi Boris

Spent a few days in Edinburgh last January and stayed in the Old Waverley Hotel which is just across the road from Princes Street and bus and railway stations and found it very good value.

They have a web site as far as I recall because we booked on line and got a good deal which included evening meals.

You might want to try an aparthotel. I've stayed here:

[broken link removed]

Rates seem pretty expensive now though and I don't know if you can accommodate 5 in one of their apartments. There are others I think but I haven't stayed in them.
I've also stayed in the Holiday Inn Express at Picardy Place which is very central. They have rates from about £65 per room. It's new so it's fine although not luxurious.

Hi Boris,

8 of us stayed in Hotel Ibis just off the Royal Mile in Feb of this year and I would highly recommend it - it's dead central and very reasonably priced - We are planning on returning and we would definitley try and stay here again.

Thanks Franmac. Stayed in the same place last year. It was OK and the breakfast was very good. However they are just finished renovating the place or are about to next month and the prices have shot though the roof. Got a good deal on for it then but not the same this year. Ah well keep trundling on.

Back