Eddie Hobbs and Tony Taylor

RS2K said:
The endowment mortgage part of this thread regarding Eddie Hobbs is interesting.

Eddie was Sales Director/National Sales manager at one point with Eagle Star.

During his tenure in that lofty position his employer launched their version of the endowment mortgage product.

He actively marketed it.

It carried collosal costs.

My final remark on this. Go figure the rest of it yourselves.

I thought he became a broker ?

Taylor Investments

We all have our individual bias. Bertie, Cowen, O' Donogue, or the rest of the Government don't do it for me. In fact, I cringe when I see them on foregin TV as Ireland's elected representatives.

I agree, Eddie isn't a natural, but he's far better than many ridiculously overpaid RTE presenters! We seem to export most decent home grown talent.

I don't know too much about Eddie's past, but he did jump ship well before the Taylor empire sank which was a well reported red flag to me! As far as I'm aware we still employ the innocent until proven guilty theory in the courts! Give the guy a break until he's proven guilty. He has more neck that all of our Government put together, when their not on holiday!

daltonr said:
I find is presentation style a welcome relief from the kind of presenters that RTE have thrown up (pun intended) over the years.

-Rd

daltonr said:
I have similar feelings towards John O Donoghue, but since I never agree with him I don't know if it's his style or content. Similar problem with Jackie Healey Ray. With Joan Burton I sometimes do agree so it's defintiely her style I have a problem with, although I wouldn't hold it against her too much.

I like Eddie though, both style and content.

-Rd

Lemurz said:
We all have our bias.

Bertie, Cowen, O' Donogue or any of the Government don't do it for me either.

Eddie isn't a natural, but he's far better than many overpaid RTE presenters!

Great minds think alike or ...

Back