economics course

N

nasdaq

hi,

does anyone know who offers a good night course?

cheers

With a view to getting a job or just for your own personal interest?

Hello there,

Could you describe what you'd like to get out of the course, ie do you want to do pure economics or as part of a business studies course (of which economics is a strong element?)

Regards,

Rodders.

By the way, a potential conflict of interest as I do teach economics - just so you know as all!

DIY2

hi,

mostly out of personal interest for the time being but would like to use it to compilment my day job at some stage, thats the plan anyway.

What yous reckon?

cheers

Hi Nasdaq,

Does TCD do a the Bachelor in Economic Science (BES)by night (It definitely does during the day)? That's pretty close to a full blown economics course (although it does have a bit of maths and stats too, but this is useful for the inevitable econometrics courses that come later!).

Regards,

Rodders.

By the way, I don't work for TCD!

I believe The Institute of Bankers do a Bachelor in Financial Services which has a economics element to it. This is done by self study with some Saturday tutorials.
I think the web site is www.instbankers.com

Doe you mean the QFA course?

Not necessarily the Qualified Financial Planning Diploma. But they do a Financial Services Diploma which has an economics element. In addition they also do a Bachelor of Financial Service which has a full economics module.

It may not be the route you require as it might be too general but it is worth giving it a look.

A degree course sounds very heavy going for what may be a casual interest. Why not try a 10-week night course or similar first to test the water?

10 week course

cheers lads,

know where you can find a decent 10 week course?

Re: 10 week course

Dunno about that but you could start off by buying a book or two on economics.

JK Galbraith writes very clearly and well on the subject. I would regard his "The Great Crash 1929" book as a classic. More recently, Roger Bootle's "Money for Nothing" (available in Easons before Christmas) is very good, even if you don't necessarily agree with him.

Perhaps other people could recommend similar reading material?

Back