EBS to increase variable mortgage rate

i put in for a fixed mortgage last week.
Sent in a fixed rate mortgage conversion form last Thursday rate for 5 years then was 5.65. Hope i get that rate.
Anyone know how long it takes for them to get back in touch.

Does this mean their fixed rate will go up also? I am currently on a variable and thinking of moving to a fixed for 3 years.

Anyone anything to say on it?

Can I ask where you heard this? Can't find anything on EBS website or on RTE. Getting worried! When does the increase kick in?

I only saw it in the Indo and can't find anything on the RTE website, it only mentions variable rate increase in the indo - but normally with a variable increase comes a fixed rate increase. I fixed last week at 3years at 5.2 - I signed the form in the EBS branch last Friday the 4th, but they only received it in the head office on the 8th. Rang them there and have been told that as they had received it on the 8th I would still get the rate quoted last week. As I said I don't know if the fixed rate has increased anyway or not.

Rate increase from April 1st. This really shows up FG hypocrisy. They are promising to help those in negative equity and with repayment difficulties and yet they will be fully supporting mortgage interest increases in EBS which is owned by the state. Apparantly its a commercial decision and they will not comment or interfere with the interest rate policy of govt owned banks. Expect AIB and BOI to follow suit.

it's not owned by the state!
it is a building society and therefore owned by its members.

of course after the rescue aid the government might have a certain say...

Back