EBS Fixed Rate

racer

Hey just wondering has anyone got quotes from EBS for fixed rates on their mortgage? I'm looking for current customer rates not new business. My fixed term is up in a couple of months. Cheers

Hi

Our fixed rate (5.2%) is up in October and i rang a couple of weeks ago to enquire about rates.We wanted to be able to budget forward and i thought we could get new rate offer 3 months before end of current fixed term.

I was told I'd have to ring back in early October to get the rates but that we'd revert to the current standard variable of 3.83 until we fix again.

It's a bit confusing looking at their rates page on the website, I wasn't sure if we'd have to get the house re-valued as the rates for their new business are all based on LTV ratios.

But he told me no, for current loans the LTV doesn't come into play.

hope this helps.:)

Hi,

We are current EBS customers and enquired about fixed rates in April 2010 and were told the following:-

Three years fixed rate of 4.7%*
Five year fixed rate of 5.3%*
Ten year fixed rate of 5.95%*

Their variable rate has gone up since so no doubt the above has too so no harm emailing them for upto date rates - I'll pm you an email address.

Hi,

I was quoted same rates as LM26 and fixed on 4.7% a couple of weeks ago. I originally contacted my broker to get rates off him and he told me EBS would not give him this information on my behalf and that the branches were not allowed to give out fixed rates either. The only way to get access to this information is to ring EBS directly. I thought this covert attitude to fixed rates was very strange!

Thanks everyone. I would think those rates have gone up again. It's a bit confusing that they can't put up their fixed rates for existing customers. I will give them a call when its nearer my time.

I read somewhere not so long ago that EBS rates are customer specific. You have to ring to get the rates you will be offered. I'm trying to think back to the article I read but I don't think the regulator was too happy about it at the time.

Hi, just to let you know I got in touch with EBS this week and they re-confirmed the rates above are still applicable for our mortgage account. Seriously considering the 3 year fixed option!

Just to have this thread up to date for anyone wanting the information.

I rang EBS and got a call back offering the following:

standard variable 3.83%

3 yr fixed 4.7%

5 yr fixed 5.3%

10 yr fixed 5.95%

so no change since August.

Back