EBook

npgallag

Anyone any advice on the best EBook to buy...thinkin a getting one for xmas and looked at SONY PRS-300 and some Kindle ones...any views..?

Ipad has a built in kindle application - and you get lot more extra features with it, picture viewer, web surfing, all the apps.

But not sure what price diff is, I imagine its a good bit more expensive.

Yea im lookin at around the €150 mark..and think ipad are more like €400 ish mark

An Archos 5?

Like an iPad, but running Android OS, with a 5" screen. It runs about 150 on pixmania for the 8 gig model.

have you got Archos 5.? is 5" screen not to small..was thinkin of 6" +. How much to download books.?

An Archos 5?

Like an iPad, but running Android OS, with a 5" screen. It runs about 150 on pixmania for the 8 gig model.

That doesn't support any of the proprietary eBook formats as is, perhaps add-ons are available?

OP, have you considered the various sources of eBooks and which provides the books you are interested in? The available formats of the books you want should play a part in the decision making process.
Leo

That doesn't support any of the proprietary eBook formats as is, perhaps add-ons are available?

OP, have you considered the various sources of eBooks and which provides the books you are interested in? The available formats of the books you want should play a part in the decision making process.
Leo
There's a Kindle app on the Android Market, and Aldiko is an excellent reader that I use on my phone, so it should cover most bases.

Bought Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest Generation from amazon US for €144. Thanks for the help.

A very important thing when choosing an e-reader is the range of books that you can buy. I've tried the Sony and it is a nice piece of kit that is easy to read from but the big drawback is the range of books that you can buy with it. You have to buy from WH Smith or Waterstones and the range of books is paltry. The offline equivalent is the book aisle in Tesco, great if you want to read Jordan's latest novel or Coleen Rooney's autobiography but useless otherwise.

If I were to invest I'd go down the kindle route, either by buying a kindle or using the app on some other device. There are [FONT=&quot]440,000 books available for the kindle.
[/FONT]

A very important thing when choosing an e-reader is the range of books that you can buy. I've tried the Sony and it is a nice piece of kit that is easy to read from but the big drawback is the range of books that you can buy with it. You have to buy from WH Smith or Waterstones and the range of books is paltry. The offline equivalent is the book aisle in Tesco, great if you want to read Jordan's latest novel or Coleen Rooney's autobiography but useless otherwise.

If I were to invest I'd go down the kindle route, either by buying a kindle or using the app on some other device. There are [FONT=&quot]440,000 books available for the kindle.
[/FONT]

I would have to agree on this point, I have a Sony Reader and its great but the book choices are terrible. At least they are for Ireland/Uk, the choices in the US are far better. Just need to find a way to buy the books from the american website, but for that you need an American Credit Card.

Back