"Ears pierced - while you wait" any other examples of silly shop signs?

E

enoxy

I was driving through Marino/Fairview yesterday and while I was stopped at traffic lights I saw a sign in a Jewellers - "Ears pierced - while you wait".... am I missing something here or is there any other way of getting your ears pierced?!

Any one else have other examples of silly shop signs?

I guess the point they're making is that you don't need to book in advance. Could have been expressed better, though.

Garages and pubs with signs saying 'hot food served all day' but what they mean is 8 or 9pm.

No appointment necessary is the usual phrase but don't you hate it when you do walk in they're booked up.

I was driving through Marino/Fairview yesterday and while I was stopped at traffic lights I saw a sign in a Jewellers - "Ears pierced - while you wait".... am I missing something here or is there any other way of getting your ears pierced?!

Surely, in this day and age, some firm must be doing it remotely :D

My favourite is the petrol station in Newry with the sign for "genuine diesel". It's a whole different world up there !!

Off topic but local window doctor has a sign saying 'gimme a break!'

Hairdresser is called curl up n'dye.

There was a sign on the N2 on the garage north of the Ashbourne bypass that had a sign up for ages (a properly printed, on corrugated plastic, sign) "€8 Hand Job €8" and in quiet small writing was "Car Wash" (you had to look for that part of the sign!).

It's not a shop sign, but there are signs on the Tipp county bounds welcoming you to the home of hurling:rolleyes:

on the old N3 there's a place called Bachelors Lodge, with the words Riding Centre underneath. I think it may have changed now but was there for years !!

A chinese called Soon Fatt on the old N7 into Monasterevan.

I once rang a company in relation to garden work, their ad said 'no job too small'. They immediately informed me that their prices started at 500e...:p

The sign obviously worked in that it caught your attention and through you has reached a much wider audience.

Reminds me of an optician in Coventry who went under the name of Hugh Seymour.

Signs

..or the other legal firm: Dewey, Cheetham & Howe, after you've been ripped off by that well-known building firm Bodgett & Scarper....:D

" Fresh Sandwiches for sale" just in case you were looking for stale ones for some reason.

Back