E-Reader

I have the Sony PRS-505 Ebook Reader. It's fantastic and it's cheaper than the kindle.

I read a lot but still prefer a real book. To be honest, I wouldn't bother with one unless you're studying.

I have a Sony PRS-505 and I doubt I'll but a paper book for a long time.

I've read four and a bit books on it so far and I find it so much more comfortable to hold than a paper book. I find I get less hand cramping when reading for a long time.

I downloaded a program called calibre to sort the booke out and arrange my library since the software that came with it does not work with macs. Or maybe it does, in any case I didn't even look at the CD since I read that calibre was better.

Once I get a waterproof cover for reading books in the bath it will be perfect. Paper books don't work well in the bath. I know from experience and ruined paperbacks.

One thing. I wouldn't prefer it to a textbook at all. To study, I'd stick with paper.

There was a good review in the Sunday Business Post today comparing the Reader with the Kindle - should be up on their website tomorrow. Sony Reader seemed to come out on top for appearance and user friendliness. Kindle did better for storage capacity and range of available e-books.

The sony has slots for memory stick duo and SD cards so capacity isn't really an issue. I have my ebooks on my computer and put them on when I decide which to read. This I do while charging. I found that a single charge will do for more than one large novel ~500 pages. I've been charging it to full between books.

That said, I bought the Sony when the Kindle wasn't an option here. I'd choose either over paper novels.

Back