Dyson cordless for timber floors

browtal

I want to buy a Dyson cordless vacum cleaner for timber floors. Can anybody help me
choose the best for my purpose. There is such a variety in the price range I would be
grateful for your help Browtal

Do you have pets? dogs, cats, buny-wabbits that are likely to shed.

Do you need anti-allergy / HEPA filtration?

Just saw these in Aldi

We have one (and had a very hairy dog up to recently). We have a combination of tiles (most of house)/wood(two rooms)/carpet (two bedrooms) floors. This is a pretty good vacuum. It will do a quick job of the whole house (2000sq ft) on a charge, and is pretty light and powerful. It is very well balanced, for when you need to get the cobwebs off the ceiling corners. It also has a boost button. I would recommend it if you have a pet as you don't have to worry about bags filling up.

The charger is on the wall and you just clip it on to charge it. All accessories are kept at the charger point.

It would do about 90% of what we need, but we already have a dyson mains powered vacuum so now have the best of both worlds. The mains vacuum gets used about once a month.

Have you seen these in the flesh? My mother was looking at them as an alternative to lugging out the bigger machine, but she found them to be too heavy. At 2.2kg+, they're heavier than the hose of a regular vacuum, so keep that in mind in relation to the physical capacity of the intended user.

You would certainly want to lift it before buying it. Myself and missus B don't find it a problem. Especially on hard floors as the head has wheels that take some of the weight. The heads are motorised as well. They contain brushes on a roller that help, especially on hard flooring.

They are also very well balanced, which helps.

The Dyson handheld vacuum is one of the best house items we have bought in a long time. Gets used twice/three times a day, particularly after mealtimes for crumbs etc. We use it on tiles/wooden floors and it is excellent. Also use it on floor mats and to hoover out my car and it is so handy not to be faffing about with wires. Never find it too heavy. We got our in Argos last year when they were throwing in a load of accessories with it. If it broke in the morning, I would replace it without hesitation.

Strongly recommended!!

On my Dyson Animal vacuum, the revolving brushes are exclusively for use on carpet to loosen long fibrous stuff like pet hairs. Be careful you don't damage timber floors.

Just checked and we have a Dyson DC59. The motorised head is for both hard floors and carpet (as per the manual/website). It was more expensive than the one available in Aldi.
So you might want to check the available models. I note that the DC59 is now replaced by the V6, so Aldi/Dyson might be clearing out an older line.
No problem with that though, if it is a bargain. I'd still recommend them.

Just checked and we have a Dyson DC59. The motorised head is for both hard floors and carpet (as per the manual/website). It was more expensive than the one available in Aldi.
So you might want to check the available models. I note that the DC59 is now replaced by the V6, so Aldi/Dyson might be clearing out an older line.
No problem with that though, if it is a bargain. I'd still recommend them.

Many thanks for all the advice. I have invested in the Dyson animal and am very pleased. I suffer severe arthritis in my hands
and am pleased to see how easy all the parts are to remove and refit and lightweight. Well done Mr Dyson giving us the pleasure of great design.
Browtal

Many thanks for all the advice. I have invested in the Dyson animal and am very pleased. I suffer severe arthritis in my hands
and am pleased to see how easy all the parts are to remove and refit and lightweight. Well done Mr Dyson giving us the pleasure of great design.
Browtal

And as a suggestion, if the parts get harder to change with wear/use, Aldi/Lidl have plastic lubrication spray in every now and then. A little squirt can make a big difference!

And as a suggestion, if the parts get harder to change with wear/use, Aldi/Lidl have plastic lubrication spray in every now and then. A little squirt can make a big difference!

You can get ptfe spray in any good bike shop or motor factors. Alternatively, a little vaseline works really well.

Bought one of these for my elderly father, it isn't cheap but something that works well and makes things easier particularly for some one not in the full of their health is worth every penny.

Last edited:
Back