dvd boxed set

Planning on investing in The Tudors box set this weekend.

Best box set OF ALL TIME - Seinfeld :D
Legend.

Bodies
Party Animals
The Street - season 3 just finished
Cranford - probably one for the girls though.

The Tudors is brilliant. Flight of the Conchords is hilarious and i think the first series is only around €15.

West Wing if you're into current affairs and smart writing, or at least the first 2 series and the last one, skip the soap opera ones in the middle
Jeeves and Wooster if you like Stephen Fry
Band of Brothers
Outnumbered, especially if you're a parent,

Weeds and Entourage are excellent as well.
I'll second Band of Brothers.

I'll third Band of Brothers.
Can't wait for the new series, based in the Pacific, I believe.

West Wing fan here too. You can buy the whole set fairly cheap now. When I watched it I bought each season one by one which on looking back may have been a good thing. Think I watched 6 in a row one night.

I got 14 Hitchcock movies for €25 in Xtravision 3 weeks ago. Not a series but it was a box set. A great price for hours of enjoyment.

West Wing fan here too. You can buy the whole set fairly cheap now. When I watched it I bought each season one by one which on looking back may have been a good thing. Think I watched 6 in a row one night.

My daughter got the set last Nov for me for €60 the lot. I think my all time best episodes p.night was 6 too. At 40mins each with no ads you can soon add them up.

PS FWIW I think the best character in the whole series was Leo McGarry

I'll third Band of Brothers.
Can't wait for the new series, based in the Pacific, I believe.

Eh, yes but no :D

HBO have commissioned a new miniseries, set in the Pacific during WWII. Similar, but unrelated, to Band of Brothers. Currently scheduled to air in March 2010 in the US, followed by SKY Movies for UK/IRL.

And David 'the Wire' Simon has a new series in production, set in post-Katrina New Orleans - Treme.

And, Martin Scorsese will be producing a new series set in Atlantic City - Boardwalk Empire.

Hurrah for HBO

Back on topic :eek: ..

The Sopranos
Deadwood
The West Wing (+1)
Oz
Mad Men
Breaking Bad

Comedy
Arrested Development
Seinfeld (+1)
Curb Your Enthusiasm

the wire has to be the best series ever created for TV

honerable mention to Jeves and Wooster for Comedy.

Back