Dunnes - check your veg before you buy! (mouldy asparagus)

Re: Dunnes - check your veg before you buy!

It's amazing the packaging used by most stores for fruit and veg - plastic bags are not suitable for these products.
I always remove them from the packaging and store in a covered cardboard box in the coolest room in my house. They keep much longer this way.

Similarly for meats (apart from the vacuum packed ones), I remove the plastic bag and keep on a plate in the fridge until I need to use them.

I agree that Lidl appear to be the best choice for fresh fruit and veg in supermarkets.

I have stopped shopping in Dunnes due to their sub standard produce, F&V and other perishables. I often saw sandwiches that are days out of date for sale at full price, furry tomatoes and milk with 1 day left on it. Woe betide you if you attempt to take milk from the back of the fridge. The staff don't care. Easier not to shop there.

i use to shop in lidl for my veg.you have to check for mould.the strawberrys last week had a beautiful green fur coat and the grapes looked very sad.broccoli,potatoes,perpes are very good but lidl carotts dont last more than 3 days .they go off very quickly.

Dunnes in Kilnamanagh have fabulous veg- id say the manager there came from Superquinn its always presented perfectly but very very fresh. I had given up buying in Dunnes due to the awful veg and ridiculous prices but they seem to have brought them down a little and i was delighted with this weeks veg i bought in the Kilnamanagh store.

M&S are great for fresh veggies and aldi are good if you get in early on delivery day.

Back