Dundalk, Co. Louth

mobileme

I'm looking for a house in Dundalk or surrounding areas at the moment (would prefer to live slightly outside town). Was hoping to find a new build, 4 bed detatched. Anyone know of upcoming new developments in the area? Am in touch with the agents, but they keep trying to sell me 2nd hand properties on their books.

Thanks

live in dundalk. thinking of moving for past 6 months. New houses in vicinity of town are expensive. lot of new development around blackrock. and new estate on carrick road area. unfortunately these are expensive as the builder paid over €23m for the site and has permission for 205 houses. dromiskin had new houses last year but i think they are sold out. currently 5 new build for sale on avenue road from 430,000 to 460,000. good few new build for sale in carlingford peninsula ( colloquially know as 'cooley') but again expensive around €595,000. Houses generally not as expensive as drogheda though. good train ( enterprise) and private bus services to dublin. private bus about every hour, some direct, (some drogheda stop,) €10 return, €40 for 10 journeys and as far as I know he can use that tax deal to cut tax. trains can be very full especially the early ones to dublin and the evening ones back. cie bus is disaster.Large designer village type shopping centre opening next year and dundalk race track is going to be first all weather one with about 20 evening meetings a year ( floodlight horse racing- unreal or what) Newry is only about 10 miles away so all these factors probably affect the price and availability of houses.

Hi cuchulainn, thanks for the reply. I work near Drogheda so commuting not an issue thankfully. I think we'll take a drive around at the weekend and see what we can come across. Blackrock might be nice, any developments that you can think of in particular? Do you know anything about Knockbridge?

lot of my friends live in knockbridge. don't know if any building currently going on there. sites are expensive, around €100,000 I have heard. nice little spot. dearer than Louth Village because it closer to dundalk. there were houses along the fane river for sale in blackrock but I see that development is now sold out. as you come into town along the old dublin road there is a lot of new developments especially near McGoughs pub ( about 1/2 mile from Fairways hotel) I have mixed views on moving. Kids reared so I dont neet to be near schools etc anymore but other side is I am pretty well set up where I am. Theres 6 new build at Faughart out near the Ballymac roundabout but out of my league. Don't know the asking price but I suspect there wouldnt be a lot of change out of €600,000. Louth is rated the 10th most expensive spot in the country for a house ( sunday times two weeks ago) so few bargains to be found. good luck.

Mobileme,

Put a large house (3000 sq. ft) on a site in Hamilton, Blackrock last year and it sold very quickly - there's plenty of demand for good well built one offs around Dundalk.

Just started constructing an architect designed house (2800 sq. ft) on .75 of an acre in Kilkerley which is a bit beyond Knockbridge and this will be ready for sale around early May.

PM if you are interested in more details - we have not spoken with any agents as yet.

Roy

Thanks again cuchulainn, I will keep you updated after we have a look around at the weekend. We are at the other end of the scale to you, no family yet, but looking forward to all that jazz in the future!!

Btw, we viewed that development in Faughart before Christmas...two house types (fabulous showhouse) priced at €740k and €680k. I just didn't think they were worth it, and built right on top of the train line.

Onekeano, will PM you.

Hi Mobileme

I am interested to hear about your new house building, where abouts in Kilkerley is it? Is it a 2 storey or bungalow? I would be interested in having a look if you could offer me more informations

Thanks

Blackrock might be nice, any developments that you can think of in particular?

new 4 bed detach for sale in Rathmount , Blackrock
[broken link removed]

oakfer said:
Hi Mobileme

I am interested to hear about your new house building, where abouts in Kilkerley is it? Is it a 2 storey or bungalow? I would be interested in having a look if you could offer me more informations

Thanks

Oakfer, it was actually myself that made the reference to building in Kilkerley. This project is a large 2 storey on the Carrrick Road. If you have more specific questions please PM me in case I am charged with promoting a product or service :)

Roy

Think Blackrock may be your best bet -it has school,church,pubs,shops (new supermarket due) and is 1 mile from the motorway to Dublin/Belfast - also 8mins drive to Dundalk with its great shopping.
All sorts of houses for sale - bungalows,two stories, 3 bed,4 bed or more.
From being a small village 15 years ago, it is now the fastest growing parish in the Diocese - currently about 4,000 of every shape and design.

Cuchulainn will verify that you don't have to be a blow-in anymore.

Knockbridge are is very nice. I am originallay from thare so if you want any info PM me. Prices are on the up. Try myhome.ie or daft.ie and activate e-mail alerts to your mobile phoe so when a property that matches what your looking for come up you are alerted by text!

Back