Dumping in our skip

Had a similar experience when I caught a neighbour red handed dumping an old chest of drawers in my skip in broad daylight.

I ran out to confron him but he turned on his heels and walked away

I picked up the chest of drawers with the intention of following back to his house and leaving it outside his front door.

Only problem was that as I was following him he thought he better not go home and instead went into the local park, with me 30 yards behind him gasping for breath.

It was like a Benny Hill sketch!!

Ended up having to bring the bloody thing back to my skip and never found out where the neighbour lived

I caught a stranger putting crap into my skip once and told him to take it out. He told me to lighten up. I told that I will follow him home and dump a my crap in his driveway if he didn't remove it.

I waited and watched him remove his old lawn mower and assorted garden furniture from the skip. He was wearing a suit at the time and he was mortified when someone he knew greeted him as he walked passed with his dog.

Had a similar experience when I caught a neighbour red handed dumping an old chest of drawers in my skip in broad daylight.

I picked up the chest of drawers with the intention of following back to his house and leaving it outside his front door.

Only problem was that as I was following him he thought he better not go home and instead went into the local park, with me 30 yards behind him gasping for breath.

Ended up having to bring the bloody thing back to my skip and never found out where the neighbour lived

Post of the year for me.

Having got a lot of skips in my time I only order it the day I'm going to fill it. No other way around it. And I get it taken away that day too so there is no risk of people overfilling it. Have also had skips emptied. Beds taken away (another landlord who wanted them and believe me I was dumping them from a place I'd purchased as I'd deemed them unsuitable) and traveller kids wanted the copper wiring etc.

We had a skip outside our house once when doing some renovation.

I came out one morning and found 5 or 6 bags of household rubbish thrown into the skip .:mad:

I assumed it was one of the neighbours but when I looked in one of the bags I found a name and letter indicating that the culprit lived several miles away.
There was also a letter addressed to him at his place of employment with a large multinational in town.

I rang directory enquiries who kindly gave me his number.

I then rang the culprit himself and told him in no uncertain terms that he had 2 choices.

He had 1 hour to collect his rubbish from the skip or else I would be dropping it into reception at his workplace for either him or his manager to collect the following morning. He was in total shock at the prospect of this

Needless to say, The rubbish was gone within 30 minutes, an added bonus was that it was pouring rain at the time :D

Some excellent stories here....

OP - I think you really ought to return your neighbour's 'lost property'.... Its the only civic minded, community spirited thing to do...!!!

:)

I think when people see a skip on the road they just don't think, about putting stuff in it, I think it is just habit rather than malicious

We had a very small skip outside our house about a month ago, we had planned on emptying the attic and the shed, the skip arrived around 8:20am and by 10am it was full, no room for anyone else to put anything in.

ha ha that is absolutely brilliant

Years ago when I was a kid my dad got a skip to the front door and by the time he'd gone to the back yard to get the first rubbish there was already two full black bin bags in it, he was absolutely raging about it.

We got a skip in London for house renovations, came out one morning and some neighbours a few doors away had dumped about 200 musty old books in it - how did we know? Their children's names in the inside covers! They were given the choice of removing them or to face the council finding them all dumped in the street with their name in. We never spoke to them again.

Don't really know what the solution is, I've seen a few lockable lidded skips around.

SSE

Back