Laya Due to renew - want better kids cover

Marsha25

We are 2 adults on Flex 500 Plus and 3 kids on Assure Vitality. Our policy is up for renewal on Jan 1st. Typically, eldest child now needs a small procedure which probably won't be covered as the policy is so basic. So I figure we should get kids on a better policy, even though it won't benefit him for this procedure. Having done the hia comparison I have come across Precision 600 Total, offering a €1 excess for family which sounds great. However I am wondering if that's a good enough plan for husband and I in comparison to the Flex 500 Plus? While we'd love the luxury of a private room in public hospital the chances of getting one is slim in our hospital. I have been in a semi private room even when I had private room cover as the private rooms are like gold dust! Husband would like cover for cardiac in private hospital and it seems this would be available in Dublin on the Precision 600 Total. As for the children I see that the 'buy one get the rest free' offer ended in October :-( I'd be prepared to switch providers if there were any similar offers going. Don't need maternity care and would like to have some day to day expenses covered. Any suggestions welcome.

Hi Marsha25,

Firstly, the child needing a small procedure will be fully covered for that procedure but it will have to be carried out in any public hospital.
It may mean paying privately to see a consultant on referral from the gp and hopefully the waiting list is not too long.
The actual procedure itself will be fully covered whether its a few nights in hospital or as a day case.

Secondly, the laya children's special offer is back on, from 15th December 2018, where you just pay for 1st child and the rest are free.
3 choices available.

1. Laya Essential Health 300; price 234 (child 1) all public, private and Beacon hospital covered. Private inpatient excess 300 x 2 max per year for
all private hospital admissions(regardless of how many). Day case excess 125 per procedure. There is no excess to pay in any public hospitals.

2. Laya Essential Connect Family; price 250(child 1) all public, private and Beacon hospital covered. Private inpatient excess 300 max per family per year for all admissions and day case procedures.

3. Laya Flex 125 Explore; price 343 (child 1) all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private/hi-tech inpatient excess 125 per admission
and 50 excess per day case procedure.

Note; there is no day to day cover on any of the above 3 plans. But the savings will cover a few medical expenses. Option 1 is a very good
choice at a really good price.

[broken link removed]

Thirdly, for the 2 adults, 1. Laya Precision 600 Total, is a good plan, at a very good price, once the selected list of private hospitals suits your location.
All public hospitals are fully covered but just make sure you check out the private hospital list to ensure they include those of interest to you.

Another option with extra day to day cover is as follows;
2. Laya Precision 600 Create; price 929pa; same hospital cover as Precision 600 Total, extra day to day cover included. 30 euro refund for
gp visits etc.
[broken link removed]

Another 2 alternative plans with extra hospital cover including day to day cover, details as follows;
3. Laya Control 600 Total; price 929pa; all public hospitals, all private hospitals and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech inpatient
excess 600 per admission and 175 per day case procedure. Note; this plan fully covers a private room in both public and private hospitals.
Day to day cover included 15 euro refund per gp visit etc.

4. Laya Control 300 Create; price 1079pa; same hospital cover as Option 3, extra day to day cover included on this plan, 30 refund per gp visit,
80 refund per consultant etc.
[broken link removed]

There is always the option to pick a plan to suit your individual medical needs. You can be on a different plan to your husband if it suits.
For example, options 3 + 4 fully cover all cardiac surgery in the 3 hi-tech hospitals in Dublin with NO excess of 600 to pay. These include
Blackrock Clinic, Mater Private and Beacon Hospital.

Lastly, with a renewal date in January 2019, there will be a list of price changes on the HIA website this week which may offer more alternatives.
Also the above adult prices are not guaranteed until this list is published to confirm January prices.
The children's prices are confirmed and guaranteed.

Regards, Snowyb

Wow, thanks a million for that quick response - delighted the kids offer is coming back so will definitely look at one of those and the Control 600 looks like a runner too. You're a star!

Marsha25,

There's no change to the adult prices quoted in the above post for your renewal date. and no more offers or plans to recommend.
So, its ok to make decisions and choices accordingly.

Snowyb

Back