Dublin to Cahirciveen

TarfHead

Google suggests M7 to Limerick, then N21 to Castleisland, some 'L' roads to Killorglin, joining N70 to Cahirciveen.

Another suggestion is M8 to Mitchelstown, then N72 to Mallow, Killarney and on to Killorglin.

The Google suggestion is 13 miles less, but the other suggestion is on better roads.

Any opinions on routes ?

I'd go with Google - the stretch from Castleisland to killorglin is no wrse than some of the Mitchelstown Mallow Road

There shouldnt be any L Road - Castleisland - Farranfore - Firies - Castlemaine - Milltown - Killorglin -- Think there might be an R in there from Farranfore to Castlemaine but it's not bad

Mallow to Mitchestown can take up to 40 / 45 minutes, the road is not good, I would take the M7 making that run.

Any thoughts on M8 to Fermoy, then to Mallow ?

Longer, but more time on motorway. Is road from Fermoy to Mallow any better than Mitchelstown Mallow ?

There shouldnt be any L Road - Castleisland - Farranfore - Firies - Castlemaine - Milltown - Killorglin -- Think there might be an R in there from Farranfore to Castlemaine but it's not bad

My mistake :eek:. It's an 'R' road from Farranfore to Castlemaine, R561

Google suggests M7 to Limerick, then N21 to Castleisland, some 'L' roads to Killorglin, joining N70 to Cahirciveen.

Another suggestion is M8 to Mitchelstown, then N72 to Mallow, Killarney and on to Killorglin.

The Google suggestion is 13 miles less, but the other suggestion is on better roads.

Any opinions on routes ?

We travelled to Valentia Island for our hols this year. On our way we took the route through Cork and on the way back we used the Limerick route. If I was to do that trip again, I'd definitely take the Limerick route - easier drive

Thanks for all feedback.

Drove Wednesday, returned yesterday via Limerick, Castleisland, Farranfore, Killorglin.

Cahirciveen to Newlands Cross in approx. 4 hours. Adare is the main place where you could be delayed.

Back